Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Blessings

Is it just me or does Thanksgiving feel different this year?  Most of all, the upcoming holidays have a totally different feel for me.  I feel happier, healthier, and more excited about what God has in store for me and my family.

This time last year, tomorrow to be exact, was when I found out our second son had a heart condition.  You can read more about that here.  I'll never forget that day; going from the excitement of finding out we had been blessed with another boy to finding out he had a sick heart.  It was a little over a week later that we found out he had Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome.  Basically, the left side of his heart never grew; my baby had half of a heart.  Upon hearing this diagnosis, we were in utter shock and despair.  How did this happen?  What did I do wrong?  Of course, there was nothing I did wrong, it was just a rare "thing" that happened; that's what the Doctors told me anyway.

We had named him Luke.  His brother has a strong biblical name, and we felt like our second son should, too.  Our sweet Luke went to Heaven Tuesday, December 13th 2011.  Although my heart will forever mourn his presence, I know he's in Heaven.  I know he's healthy and whole, and I know he's surrounded by love.  I also know that I'll get to meet him one day and that is amazing.

I know these holidays will be different for all of us.  Last year, I went through the motions of Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I pretended to be happy because I had to for Aaron.  Aaron needed his mommy, and I needed him so badly.  Thank God for my sweet, beautiful, rambunctious Aaron Mo.  He is the best thing I've ever done, and the biggest blessing God has ever given me.  I know God will bless us with another healthy child when the time is right.  But for now, and every day of my life, I'll be thankful for this child. 






Enjoy your Thanksgiving with your loved ones!!

~LL

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!