Sunday, July 19, 2009

And so the story goes......

Folks, I have to apologize AGAIN for the lack of "bloggyness." Whoever my loyal readers are, THANK YOU. L Lolly has been quite boring lately, and it's time for some jazz. The jazz just happens to be that I'm prego and loving it! I have my first doctor's appointment this Thursday and I am just praying (and crossing everything that can be crossed) that baby Mosely is growing like he/she is supposed to. I am so ecstatic right now that I can barely contain myself! As far as the pregnant symptoms go, I am managing to get off a little easy, which I am very thankful for. Of course the boobs are sore, I am constantly tired and exhausted, and (I know this is blunt, un-ladylike, and probably shouldn't be said at all) I pee like I have drank at least a bottle of water an hour, but I can deal. I'm just thankful morning/afternoon/ night/all day sickness hasn't been an issue......not yet, anyway. The best word I can use as to how I'm feeling right now is blessed. I have been given such an amazing gift, and feel like the luckiest person in the world. So, the story of how I found out....

Well, I found out over a week ago. I hadn't been feeling super great, the frequent urination was confusing me, and well, I was late. By that Friday I had decided that I would go get a test and put my questions to rest. After work I jumped in the car, made a quick trip to Rite Aid (BTW, why is it that I am a grown and married woman, and I still cannot look a cashier in the face when buying a pregnancy test??), and headed home. Once there, I said hello to my hubby who just walked in the door himself and went straight to the bathroom. Right before I took the test, I felt this feeling of disappointment go through me, and thought "I'm going to be really bummed if this is negative, and it probably is." So I took the test, laid it on the edge of the bathtub, washed my hands, played with my hair, noticed a couple of gross blackheads on my chin, and then turned around. That's when I saw it..........2 lines. OMG! I kept thinking, "Two lines means pregnant! Two lines means pregnant, right?? Oh my God." I've always known that I wanted to do some really cute thing for Adam when I found this life-changing information out, but I couldn't contain myself. I ran out of the bathroom and said, "Adam, I'm pregnant." He looked at me like I was crazy and (my oh-so classy husband said) "What? You're shitting me." I said, "Adam, I'm pregnant. We're having a baby. I have the test to prove it!" And the rest, well, was great. We laughed, cried a little, called our families and shared the news. Most surreal (but wonderful) moment in my life.

Well, I am off to bed. I'm surprised that I've made it this late without my head hitting the keyboard (it's 10:29)! Here's to babies and blogging- I'm so happy!

6 comments:

  1. Yay!! So happy for you! I'll keep you and little Baby Moseley in my prayers! I can't wait to hear how Thursday goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on Thursday! I will be thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you just stop making me cry right now! this is getting out of hand! I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! Congrats (again) and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AW! Such a sweet story! Im so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! Hearing people are having babies never gets old! Congrats girl!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!