Friday, July 24, 2009

First Check-up

Yesterday was my first check-up with the doc for Baby Mosely. After waiting for at least 30 minutes (Is that like standard procedure to wait at least thirty minutes to see your doctor every time you go, by the way??) I was finally called back. After pregnancy confirmation (due date is March 19th- yay!!) and blood pressure was taken I was told to go sit back in the waiting room to later be called back for tests and procedures......are you serious?? I was pretty happy I have to admit though; they gave me a big bag with all kinds of prego information, including: What To Expect When You're Expecting. Anyway, we got called back pretty quickly that time and spoke with the nurse practitioner about my medical history, Adam's medical history, our families medical history, and etc. After meeting with her, we finally got to see my doctor. After doing all of my girly examinations, he finally brought out the sonogram machine so I could see and hopefully hear the baby. Folks, let me tell you: those machines are hard to understand. Basically, when he performed the ultrasound (and yes, it was a vaginal ultrasound...eeek.....) all I could see was a big hole with a tiny circle in the hole. From what I could understand, the hole was my gestational sac, and the smaller circle was the yolk sac which would eventually "become one" with my baby. My little peanut (well, more like sesame seed) was attached to the sac wall and I could see he/she a little bit, but not very well. I was hoping to hear a little heartbeat, but my doctor told me it was too soon; he said you normally don't hear a heartbeat until you're at least 7 weeks and I'm not yet 6 weeks. Soooooo, I have to admit I was a little disappointed. I mean, I know there's a little person inside my tummy, but I really want to be able to see/hear this little person so it can be more real for me. Luckily, my doc scheduled a follow-up ultrasound for August 4 and I can't wait! Hoping I get to hear the peanut next time!

All I've got to say is Thank God the first appointment is over. I have been poked, prodded, and checked for everything under the sun. Here's to a more exciting pre-natal appointment next time around!

3 comments:

  1. aw! i cant wait to hear about your next checkup!! hopefully you wont have to wait that long again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...I have major anxiety about the gyno every year. I can't imagine being pregnant and having to deal with all the poking and prodding. Scary! Glad that the first checkup went well! How are you feeling??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vonda: Thanks sweetie! I hope so too!

    Ash: I ALWAYS have anxiety about going too! This time was no different, especially with baby in tow. I'm feeling pretty nauseous....not fun. But other than that, everything is manageable. Thanks for asking, friend!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!