Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Heartburn, Indigestion, & Nose Bleeds- just a few of the joys of pregnancy!

My body has officially whacked out for the week. It's only Tuesday, and I am already dealing with the symptoms listed on this blog title. I had to break down and buy some Mylanta today. The heartburn and indigestion are annoying and uncomfortable. I haven't figured out what foods trigger which (or both) symptoms, but I will be paying more attention from this point on. Another pregnancy symptom I've began to notice is the nasal stuffiness. I wake up every morning and blow my nose through the whole getting-ready process. So, as I'm putting on makeup yesterday morning I go to blow my nose (again!) and there is blood on the tissue. I look in the mirror, and it's a full-on nose bleed. OMG! I mean, I've had nose bleeds before, but never like this! I freak out, grab my "What to Expect When You're Expecting" off of the coffee table, and look up "nose bleeds" in the index praying that I'm not a freak. Lo and behold, it is common for pregnant women to have nose bleeds during pregnancy; something about nose swelling (great), because your body is swelling (even greater). I can so imagine being in public and totally freaking someone out with my erratic nose bleeds. Let's just pray this "grossness" shall pass soon.

BTW, I made this purchase today:


I've decided that Adam and I are going to be Brit-Brit and K-fed for Halloween this year. I'm talking this tank, cut-off's, flip-flop's, ratty ponytail, and a Starbucks Frappucino in hand. Adam is wearing a tank top also, baggy jeans- boxer shorts hanging out, and fedora. Love it! Trashy and livin' it up!

Talk to you soon, friends!