Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Heartburn, Indigestion, & Nose Bleeds- just a few of the joys of pregnancy!

My body has officially whacked out for the week. It's only Tuesday, and I am already dealing with the symptoms listed on this blog title. I had to break down and buy some Mylanta today. The heartburn and indigestion are annoying and uncomfortable. I haven't figured out what foods trigger which (or both) symptoms, but I will be paying more attention from this point on. Another pregnancy symptom I've began to notice is the nasal stuffiness. I wake up every morning and blow my nose through the whole getting-ready process. So, as I'm putting on makeup yesterday morning I go to blow my nose (again!) and there is blood on the tissue. I look in the mirror, and it's a full-on nose bleed. OMG! I mean, I've had nose bleeds before, but never like this! I freak out, grab my "What to Expect When You're Expecting" off of the coffee table, and look up "nose bleeds" in the index praying that I'm not a freak. Lo and behold, it is common for pregnant women to have nose bleeds during pregnancy; something about nose swelling (great), because your body is swelling (even greater). I can so imagine being in public and totally freaking someone out with my erratic nose bleeds. Let's just pray this "grossness" shall pass soon.

BTW, I made this purchase today:


I've decided that Adam and I are going to be Brit-Brit and K-fed for Halloween this year. I'm talking this tank, cut-off's, flip-flop's, ratty ponytail, and a Starbucks Frappucino in hand. Adam is wearing a tank top also, baggy jeans- boxer shorts hanging out, and fedora. Love it! Trashy and livin' it up!

Talk to you soon, friends!

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Halloween "costume" idea! HILARIOUS!
    Don't freak out about the nosebleeds...it happened to me too as well as horrific heartburn...I'll bet Baby Mosely will have a head full of hair. (That's an old wives' tale but I swear it's true! Connor was born with a head full of auburn hair when he was born!) Feel better! AMY MARTIN

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love y'alls costume too! SO CUTE! You better post pics of this :)

    Good luck with the heartburn :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you are having heartburn and indigestion! Guess that comes along with being prego. Ive never heard about nose bleeds, great..more reason for me to prolong having kids! Lol

    I LOVE your Halloween idea!!!! It’s going to be so cute! You have to post pics!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How trashtastic! I'm trying to talk Dillon into being Edward Cullen for Halloween...he's not having it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!