Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Bits -n- Pieces

Today has been a CRAZAY day! My desk has literally been piled up with stuff to do. I only got through half of my pile today......another pile awaits tomorrow. On another note, I am in my work-out clothes and plan to get on the treadmill as soon as I'm done with this blog entry.......and after a little Rpatz web-stalking (yes, my obsession has stayed with me). The fitness motivation has been brought on by yet another episode of "Dancing With The Stars." From seeing Edyta, to Lacey, to Melissa (the girl from The Bachelor- btw, what a skeezball Jason is; am I right??!!) I definitely need to be working on these abs. Dammit. Anyway, I was watching Dancing last night, and many of the couples were doing "The Rumba." Wow. What a sexy dance. I mean, I almost got pregnant from watching that dance. Wait, that's terrible that I said that, isn't it? Probably shouldn't have gone there-hahahahaha! Let's just say that I'm thinking maybe Adam and I need to enroll in dance classes. Just a thought........

So, today I've been doing a lot of thinking. Not to be Ms. Connie Complaint, but I'm a little upset and I need to vent for just a moment. You see, yesterday was a BAD day with my dad leaving and all. Yesterday, three of my best girlfriends (Kim, Katie, Melissa- I love u so much) stood outside in the rain beside me and waved goodbye to my dad and all of the other brave soldiers as they were leaving town. It meant so much to me, they will never know. But, there were some of my really good friends that I didn't even hear from. I'm scratching my head because I don't understand. I mean, did it mean nothing to them that I've hosted or been a part of their parties, wedding showers, baby showers, birthdays, etc? I'm confused. You see, yesterday I needed these people and they weren't there for me. What's up with that? It just makes me re-think a lot of things/friendships. I mean, to have friends you've got to be a friend, right? I dunno. To all of my friends that have commented, sent messages, text messages, emails, facebooked, blog-commented and etc., THANK YOU. You are incredible.

Okay, I feel better. Thanks. Here's to fun blogging! Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Hayley,
    I'm praying for your Dad, you and your family! Please keep us updated on your Dad. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know (to a degree) what you're going through as far as rethinking friendships. Sometimes it takes going through a lot to realize who will be there for you and who won't. I will keep you in my thoughts! Your dad and his crew as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm SO glad you are back! I was missing my fix:( Your daddy is a hero and will be ok---and you KNOW this. Praying for him! And tell your mama if she gets lonely up there, we'd love to have her come out with us!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!