Monday, August 23, 2010

Some things never change.......

Happy Monday, friends!  Hope everyone had a superb weekend.  Mine was great, just busy.  After spending 3 hours studying for the frickin' GACE exam Friday night, I went to bed at 11:30 pm feeling pretty confident about acing this test.  Saturday, I was a hot mess.  I'm not going to bore you will all of the details; basically, I arrived at the test site at 1:00 pm on the dot (the test started at 1:00 pm on the dot).  Trying to print my ticket, turned into a printer malfunction, which led me to FedEx Express at the last minute to use their computer to print out my ticket, which led me to be the random straggler walking into the classroom while everyone was already settled in.  Oh well, at least when I was having to do the whole "excuse me, sorry, oops, didn't mean to knock over your purse" song and dance while managing to walk my ass down those skinny aisles of school desks, I had on my Miss Dior Cherie fragrance.  As my late great-grandmother said, "It's always best to smell your best, Lauren Hayley."  Hope they got a good wiff! Anyhow, I think I did pretty well on the exam.  I guess we'll see in a month!

Yesterday, me and my monkey man went to a bridal shower for my best friend's sister.  She's getting married in Mexico in less than a month (jealous!).  After getting back to my parents house, (Aaron and I are visiting for the weekend) I realized that I was almost out of diapers and wipes.  I jumped back in the car and drove to the nearest supermarket to pick up the toiletries.  As I was walking down the diaper aisle I spotted a girl that I went to high school and college with.  She was on that same aisle with her hubby and precious son, looking for diapers as well.  This girl has never liked me.  She didn't like me in high school, didn't like me during the college years, and obviously, still doesn't like me.  I say this because as I was walking past her I made eye contact and smiled at her, and she looked directly at me, didn't smile back, and turned her face.  WTF??!  This girl still hates me and it's been over 8 years!  Granted, she shows up on my Facebook page as "People you should know" and I never send her a friend request because in the past she hated me.  I guess some things never change.  But seriously, we are grown women now; we are married with children (both boys, nonetheless) and she still cannot get over a grudge she's held for me since 2001??  Grow the eff' up! 

In other news, I have something I want to share with you soon that I'm really excited about.  (No, I'm not pregnant.)  It's not set in stone yet, but when it is I'll be sure to let you know.

Have a great Monday, peeps!

4 comments:

  1. WHO the eff doesn't like you? it's impossible!! i want to know who this hooka is.

    me and kimmy have been FBing back and forth about getting together - a little trip to your hood is in order!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you did great on the GACE! can't wait to hear the results :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A- I'll tell you over our next lunch. Some people are so childish. Let's please get together soon!

    Kate- Thanks friend! I sure do hope so........

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow... I must know who this is immediately!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!