Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!!!!

I'm so hungover today. I'm not even gonna lie. Our friend's 30th birthday was too fun, and I wish I had the pictures to prove it, instead of this horrible beer hangover. Recovery has not been so great, but oh well. It was worth it. Thanks all for a wonderful night!!!!

In other news, it's a day for daddies, and I have to say a few things, and share a few memories about mine:

There is this picture that was taken of me and my dad the day I was born. He's holding me, and I am looking up at him smiling. It's my favorite picture in the entire world, and it completely defines our relationship. Growing up, my dad was my hero and of course, he still is. My parent's got married very young (my mom was 20; my dad was 23), and they got pregnant with me basically a couple of months into marriage. My dad at one time was working 3 jobs to support me, my mom, and my sister. It was a hard life for them, but they were happy and crazy about their little girls. I called him "Daddy Rick" when I started talking, and every time he came home from work and yelled out "Where's my little, fat girl??!!" I would dive into my toy box (I was 2) and wait for him to come find me. Best game ever. I remember him driving me and my sister around in his truck when we were little and listening to a Stevie Ray Vaughn tape that had "Pride and Joy" and "Leave My Girl Alone." He would sing those songs to us and say, "When you get older, I'm gonna tell those boys to leave my girls alone." Haha! I still have to credit my dad for my taste in music; I was brought up on Stevie Ray, Pink Floyd, Led Zep, and etc. because of him. I also have to credit my dad for my love of roller coasters and fast rides; of catching waves and "riding them out," of teaching me to not worry so much about what others think and believing in myself; and most importantly, of showing me that a relationship should be about love, trust, and patience because that is the example that my parent's have always set for me. Before I walked down aisle to Adam in my big, white dress, I looked up at my dad and said, "Are you ready?" and he said, "Let's rock and roll!" That's when I knew everything was as it should be.

So Daddy, Happy Father's Day to you! I love you more than words could ever say, and miss you so much it hurts. Take good care of yourself, and always remember those same words of wisdom that you said to me when I needed to hear them most: "Let's rock and roll!" Love you, dad.

5 comments:

  1. beautiful post, lolly!
    love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how sweet! that is such a great picture of yall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! You know how to bring the LOL's with your sleeptalking posts, and the tears anytime you mention Daddy. He's the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ack! Tear..... I loved this...so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww Hayley this is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!