Friday, June 26, 2009

Thoughts......

It's Friday! It's Friday! It's Friday!! Woop woop. In the words of the Mo Thugs Family, I am feeling G-double O- D good. This week has been crazy, busy, insane and exhausting all in one. Looking forward to kicking back with a glass of wine, and The Housewives of New Jersey Reunion show Part 2. They are straight up hot messes, and I LOVE it!

So, this blog wouldn't be complete if I didn't bring up the passing of Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. Yesterday, I had come home for lunch and was checking emails, news, etc. and read the news of Farrah Fawcett's passing. I felt so sad for her family, yet I had had a feeling that she would die soon and mostly I felt happy for her that she did not have to suffer any longer. From reading celebrity gossip and tabloids, I knew her life had become a struggle and that the end was near. I also read where she was supposed to be marrying Ryan O'Neal, and thought how sad, and sweet, and romantic. I honestly, can't imagine watching someone you love dying just a little bit more every day- it must be so heart-breaking. After hearing that, and talking with co-workers, friends, and family I heard the other big news. Michael Jackson was dead. At first, I thought it was some stupid, internet prank that someone like Perez had devised. When I turned the channel to E! and saw the breaking news I just could not believe it. This man was a legend, and now he's gone. Unbelievable.

I'm not going to say that Michael Jackson changed my life. I'm not going to say that he did this for me, and he did that for me, because it's just not true. And to be honest, I never thought about Michael Jackson until yesterday when I learned of his death. What I will say, however, is that there will never be anyone like him. He changed the face of music and he is an icon. Justin Timberlake, Usher, Neyo- they all learned from this man. His dance moves and music are timeless. Yeah, I haven't been a fan of Michael Jackson himself in quite a few years, but his music- incredible. "PYT," "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin,'" "Human Nature," "Dirty Diana," "Billie Jean," "Don't Stop Till You Get Enough, "Smooth Criminal," and "Thriller"- oh my God. He was a musical genius. Yesterday, I heard the news and I cried. In a way I felt so silly, but I couldn't help it. This man is a legend, and love him or hate him, he will be remembered forever. So, in honor of Michael Jackson, here he is doing what he does best. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!