Sunday, June 28, 2009

Weekend Update

Have you ever had one of those weekends where you did absolutely nothing, and it was wonderful? This has been my weekend. I literally laid around all day yesterday in my pajamas and it was fantastic. With all of this being said, I wasn't completely lazy. I cleaned the house (i.e. dusted, polished, vacuumed, cleaned the base boards, swept, etc.) and gave Sophie May a much-needed bath. But other than that, my day was devoted to: watching movies on the USA network, catching up on some reading (My Sister's Keeper- good book, but can't really seem to get into it), and actually doing some baking and cooking. After dinner, the hubby and I watched The Bourne Identity. Adam has been asking me to watch this movie with him for years, and I'm always like "Hmm.....no thank you. Not interested." Well, since yesterday was just such a good day and I was in such a great mood, I thought "What the hell?" Folks, I have to say the movie was WAY better than I expected! Yes, I will admit that 2 big glasses of Pinot Grigio and Bud Light might have contributed to my excitement over this movie, I don't know. I'll just say that I watched the whole movie, told Adam that I wanted to watch the sequel tonight (uh-oh), and then promptly got on Facebook and commented on like 7 people's profiles within five minutes (BIG ruh-roh). This should be a new rule: No Drunk"booking" while under the influence of alcohol. Ooops.........

I have a short work week this week and I am one happy girl! Wednesday is my Friday and I couldn't be more excited. Since the Beyonce concert is Wednesday night I decided to take Thursday off. I am thinking this is a smart move. I've drank the cheap wine at Phillip's Arena many times before, and the hangover recovery is a good 8-12 hours. After the concert, me and my girlfriends are heading to the lake for a girls day all day Thursday. I.Cannot.Wait. Have not had a girls day at the lake in forever, and it should be a lot of fun. Looking forward to Bloody Mary's, fattening food, dock tanning, riding around on the boat (with margarita in hand, of course), wearing a bikini and not worrying about stomach rolls, and just spending time with my girlfriends. Love!

Gotta go. Just found Sophie chasing a huge roach in our hallway. Eeeekkkk!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. 2 big glasses of Pinot Grigio and Bud Light tend to always make things better!! Im jealous that you not only get Thursday AND Friday off, but you are going to see Beyonce! I cant wait for your report on the concert.

    OMG - you crack me up. You blogged about your dog finding a roach. HAHAHAA I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!