Friday, July 16, 2010

Catching Up

I cannot believe summer is almost over.  Where did the time go??  It seems like just yesterday I was as huge as a hot air balloon seriously anticipating the arrival of summer; now, my son is 4 months old and I can see the end of pool weather drawing near.  Can I tell you a secret?  I'm not so sad about it.  Honestly, I've had my fill of the hot and sticky, the mosquito bites, and the upper-lip sweat.  Just sayin'!  There's something about fall that's just a little magical.  Maybe it's college football; trust me, I'm not one of the girls screaming at the TV with the guys about a "line of scrimmage;" I'm way more interested in finding the perfect red/black ensemble, and partaking in the buffalo chicken dip and pigs in a blanket.  Maybe it's the cooler weather and less-frizzy hair days.  Or maybe it's simply the fact that Christmas is just right around the corner, and who doesn't love presents and spiked egg nog?  Looking forward to sharing my favorite time of year with Aaron.  I hope he finds it as magical as I do.

This weekend is already busy and I'm already exhausted just thinking about it.  Tonight is dinner with friends/kids.  Nice and low-key.  Tomorrow is going to be a bulldozer.  Griffin, my hometown, is throwing their welcome home ceremony for the troops, followed by a luncheon for the soldier's families.  After that, Adam, Aaron, and myself are hopping back in the car to hurry back home for Adam's parents annual Bolingbroke Southern Jam celebration.  It's like a much smaller ATL version of "Big Day Out."  There's bands, food, and beer (although you gotta bring your own refreshing beverage).  All of the money goes to a charity, and it's just a lot of fun!  Last year during the jam, I was 6 weeks pregnant, nauseated, and so not enjoying myself.  Here's to a much better time this year!

What are your plans this weekend?

5 comments:

  1. We are coming to the Bolingbroke Jam this year! Last year I was huge and decided it was best for everyone for me to stay home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to the jam!! do we need tickets - by that, i mean, is it sold out?

    p.s. did you just say buffalo chicken dip? omgggg...i love fall for that reason ALONE.

    one more thing - i need to see you - and aaron - soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want to go to the jam.
    go to...missed those two very important words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsay- I hope to see you there!!!

    A- Y'all please come! It really is a lot of fun. You can buy tickets at the door for $25. If you decide you're interested, call or text me, friend.

    We need to see you, too! What does August look like for you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you lady. Keep on bloggin'.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!