Thursday, July 29, 2010

I am officially obsessed.......maybe a year too late??

I found this blog, In this wonderful life, through my friend Vonda over at her fabulous blog, Sole Matters.  I got to reading, In this wonderful life, while Aaron was napping one afternoon, and spent 3 hours on my laptop unable to peel my eyes away from this blog and this couple's journey from pregnancy to birth.  Sadly, their son, Cohen, passed away not long after birth from heart complications.  I have been amazed at this couple, and their grace and strength in dealing with this incredible loss.  The author of the blog, Megan Marshall, defines the kind of person that I aspire to be, and it is so uplifting to read about such an incredible person.  

Anyhow, I was catching up on their blog today, and ran across this entry.  I have been looking for a necklace with Aaron's name and birthstone to wear, and have been unable to find anything that I'm just madly in love with.......until today.  This blog entry featured an artist on Etsy, juliethefishdesigns and her lovely designs. From today until Saturday, the 31st, if you purchase anything from juliethefishdesigns, 30% of the profit will go to the Marshall family through Cohen's Memorial Trust.  Needless to say, I headed over to juliethefish immediately to see the kind of jewelry she sold.  I made this purchase just a few minute ago, and I am so unbelievably excited!!  Of course, it has Aaron's name and birthstone and it's 18 inches.  I cannot wait to get this little gem in the mail!  After making this purchase, I decided to browse other little "shops" on Etsy, and can I just say that I am now officially obsessed??!!  Where have I been??  Let the shopping begin!

Oh, and I have to give Sole Matters another shout-out, too!  Not only does Vonda's blog lead to other great blogs, but her blog is so unbelievably fun to read.  She's a cutie-patootie, living a fun and exciting life in the ATL, and some day's I just want to step in her fabulous shoes, and live a day in her fantastic life.  If you're not reading,  go check her out- she's too much fun!

Ciao!!

2 comments:

  1. Awww! You are so sweet! Im glad I can keep you entertained! :) It’s funny to me that you called my life “fun and exciting” because 80% of the time I wish it was simple and monotonous. Any day you want to borrow my shoes, I’ll let ya! We can have a trade-off. ;)

    I love Megan’s blog, so glad that you love it and find her as amazing as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Megans blog daily and have spent so much time crying for them as I read and look at the beautiful pictures she posts of Cohen. I can not imagine the pain of losing a child especially now that I have Tucker!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!