Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Beach Trip 2010

Hope everyone had a fantastic 4th and enjoyed their long weekend!  We spent the beautiful day floating around Adam's parents pool, beer and fruity drinks in hand.  Aaron only made it about 30 minutes before passing out in his blue car float ( I know the feeling, baby).








                                                                                       


We stuffed ourselves with hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, dips, pasta salads, veggies, and a Boston Butt for dinner.  Whew!  I'm stuffed just thinking about it!  Now back to the real world of health and fitness......

Before I share some pictures of our family vacation to St. Simons, I have to ask: Are you a Bethany Frankel fan ( Real Housewives of NYC)?  I personally love her!  Last year, I bought her first book, Naturally Thin: Unleash Your Skinny Girl, and I enjoyed her whole motto of not dieting.  Basically, in the book she points out that the most important thing in life is to be healthy.  Some of her chapters and phrases include: Check yourself before you wreck yourself, Treat your food intake like you would treat your bank account, Taste everything, eat nothing, and etc.  Anyhow, it's a great book, and instead of telling you how to diet and what to eat, she tells you how to eat without depriving yourself of life's greatest luxury- delicious food!  Being such a huge fan of hers, and needing to do something other than watching my food intake to lose these last 15 Lbs of baby weight, I purchased her yoga DVD: Body By Bethenny with Bethenny Frankel

Body By Bethenny with Bethenny Frankel











 I'm super excited to get this DVD, and really start working on losing this extra poundage.  Having a baby is one of God's greatest gifts, but your body after wards (unless you're Giselle), is not so great!


Now, onto some fun stuff!  My parents, my sister, Adam, Aaron, and myself just got back from a relaxing vacay in St. Simons.  Although the weather was not the greatest (mostly overcast the whole time we were there), we were lucky enough to stay in a fabulous house in Sea Island in a subdivision called the Island Club.  Here's a couple of pictures:


                                                                                                                            
Loved our pool and hot tub!







Here are a few pics of us at the beach and pool:










                                                                                                        
     We had a wonderful time!  Looking forward to family vacation 2011!                                                                                                               

3 comments:

  1. LOVE Bethenny Frankel! :)
    Let me know how you like her video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that house is sick! love it.... we need to get together soon, friend!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!