Saturday, July 4, 2009

It's been a long time........

Aloha!!! It's been awhile. My 1 night/1 day stay at the lake with the girls ended up being a 2 night/2 day stay and it was fantastic. A good friend of mine has a lake house on Jackson Lake, and this place was where I spent a lot of my summers growing up. The house holds so many memories and I just could not bear to leave it, or my friends after one night. Here's a couple of pics:
Friends, floats, tans, & beer. What's better??

Tubing with Annie. My ass still hurts.
The view from the dock. Love it.

I have to say, I'm sad be gone. It's not that often that you get to spend a couple of days with good friends, away from everything and everybody. Over the past two days I have: drank so much Bud Light Lime that I can now say I'm an official beer drinker; eaten so many turkey sandwiches, cheese dips, chicken salad, and potato salad that I have gained at least 7 pounds; and gained a sunburn right at my hairline that burns like hell. And you know what, it was all worth it! Here's to friends, sun, fun, AND beer. Loves!


So ya'll know I've that got to talk about Beyonce. If you don't remember, I went to her concert Wednesday night, and folks, it was AMAZING! And I just have to say, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but Miz Knowles' show was better than Britney's. Aaaaaaah! I said it, but only because it's true. She's just the whole package. Not only is she gorgeous, and can shake that ass, but girlfriend can SANG. Okay, so let me get down to the nitty-gritty details. I can't remember all of the songs she sang and in what order, but I will give you a few of my personal highlights:
  • Our seats were on the floor. I mean, we were literally sitting a few feet away from the "B" stage. This is the stage where Beyonce became Sasha Fierce and it was the stage closest to us! I saw her every move- I was so close I could even see her blink. Friends, she is beautiful. And, did I mention that Tyler Perry was at the show also sitting 10 feet away from us?? OMG!! We went crazy when we saw him! I yelled out "Madea- I love you!" He started cracking up and just waved and smiled at us. I almost cried. Matthew Knowles (Beyonce's dad) was also watching the show near us. He and Tyler Perry were talking a lot. At the end of the show when we were leaving we somehow ended up right beside Matthew Knowles and his security. I said "Mr. Knowles, Mr. Knowles!" but he wouldn't look at me. Haha! If I were him, I'd probably be scared of some southern chick sweaty from dancing, and D-Runk off of some Chardonnay, chasing me too! ;)
  • Diva. You knew I had to bring up "Diva." Ya'll, it was unbelievable! She came out on the main stage wearing a silver bustier with flashing lights on the boobs. LOVED IT! Here is a video taken with my camera phone (not great, but oh well):



That's me and my friend Natalie singing. I'm the one that screams out at the end of the video, "Where ya boss at?" Terrible.

  • She performed "If I Were A Boy" and during the middle she broke out in "You Oughta Know." Oh my God. Unbelievable!
  • Her tribute to Michael Jackson.
  • And oh yes, "Singles Ladies." The encore. Fabulous. The fat guy that dances in the leotard from the youtube video sang and danced with her. Hilarious.
Honestly, I had MANY more favorite moments, but they are too many to name. If I did I would be on here all day. Bottom line, fantastic concert, amazing performer. I have new respect for Beyonce after that great show. Thank you, Nat for getting us tickets to this amazing concert!!! I will truly remember it forever.

Hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July!!! I am about to leave to spend the holiday with my mom. Let's remember all of the brave men and women that are fighting for our Independence this very minute. I love you, daddy!!!!

1 comment:

  1. im SO jealous. next time i am def. getting tix to her show!!!

    what was the MJ tribute like?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!