Friday, November 9, 2012

Thankful

Over the past week, many people on Facebook and Twitter have been posting what they are thankful for each day.  Although I am not posting about my thankfulness daily, I thought I would post some things I am thankful for today and every day.
  • I'm thankful for my son.  My sweet, happy, wild, adventurous, spirited, Thomas the Train-loving two year old.  Each day when I hear "Mommy" over that monitor, and I walk into his room and see him grin a huge Sponge Bob smile at me, I know that God gave me the best job on the planet.  
  • I'm thankful for my hubby.  He loves me and our little family so much.  He works tirelessly to provide for us.  He is the smartest man I know.  He is the kindest man I know.  I often ask him, "What did you do before we met?  It must have been something awful." because, bless his heart, he got stuck with me (ha)! 
  • To add to that, I'm thankful that my hubby has a great job that allows me to stay home with our son.  After going back to work for a very short period of time earlier this year, I realized that being home with our child is where I'm needed.  And for that, I'm thankful for the jobs I did have, because had I not taken those positions I would not fully appreciate being able to be a stay-at-home-mama!  With all of that being said, yes, if I were to have a great career where I made good money and truly loved what I was doing, I would be thankful for that opportunity.  I truly believe everything works out for a reason.
  • I'm thankful for parents that offer me and my family all the love and support that we need and my sister- the Tia to my Tamara!
  • I'm also thankful for my incredible friends.  It's true, the older you get the smaller your circle becomes.  However, my circle is beautiful, hilarious, fun, creative, loving, and I could not be more blessed for these relationships.  
Okay, a thankful list would not be complete without some randoms so here goes:
  • I'm thankful for dry shampoo.  Without it, my day 2 hair would resemble KStew circa 2009:
(Image via: http://www.fanpop.com/spots/twilight-series/answers/show/35787/does-anyone-like-kristen-stewarts-new-hair-cut)

  •  I'm thankful for: RyGy, ASkars, and JHutch, and (lately) Adam Levine because you make my dreams so, SO sweet.  
(Images courtesy of: thefashionisto.com, fanpop.com, twilightandtruebloodlovers.com, & wordsmoker.com)
  •  I'm thankful for weddings because without them we wouldn't have Bachelorette parties and without Bachelorette parties we wouldn't have a good excuse to listen to old-school Kilo Ali and wear feather boa's.
  • This week, I'm especially thankful for Mint Oreo Fudge Cremes as I have already consumed 3 of them.

 
 That is all.....for today anyway. ;)  Happy Friday!!

~LL

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I'm really glad I found your blog from your Twitter link, I'm a lot like you and I love the dry shampoo thing! Too funny..but true! I'm a stay at home mom of 2 as well! :)
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Carrie! I'm so glad you found me, too!! Welcome!!

    I have come to the realization that if my hair's not looking good, I'm not looking good. That's why dry shampoo is of the upmost importance! ;)

    Being a SAHM is wonderful, awful, exciting, exhausting, and hilarious all rolled into one. We're in this together!

    So happy to hear from you!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!