Thursday, November 29, 2012

New York, New Yooooork!

Wow, this week is flying by!  That's surprising considering we leave for our big anniversary trip tomorrow, and usually the week before a big trip seriously drags by.  I haven't blogged much at all this week, but between visiting the lady doc Tuesday (blah.....hate those visits) and Christmas shopping yesterday, my writing inspiration has been zapped.  Today, however, is a different day!

Our flight leaves for NYC at 12:30 tomorrow- whoop!  I could not be more excited.  The last time I was in New York was in 2003, and Adam's never been.  Last night he surprised me with tickets to see The Phantom of the Opera Saturday night.  SO pumped!!  I saw Phantom back in '03 and it was amazing.  I can't wait to see it again.  Thinking about it now, I totally think Adam surprised me with the tickets because he knew we'd most likely be in a pub watching the SEC Championship game Saturday afternoon, and he needed to butter me up.  Well honey, you did good!  Other than that, the rest of our weekend will be consumed with sight-seeing, eating lots of yummy food, and soaking up as much of New York as we can!  We're staying on Times Square, so luckily we'll be in the middle of it all.  I definitely want to go and reenact the Serendipity ice-skating scene at Wollman Rink in Central Park.  Poor Adam...

As for my NYC wardrobe, I'm going simple for the day.  Long-sleeve shirts, denim jeggings, colorful scarfs, and my Uggs.  It's just too damn cold to be all "sex in the city."  Saturday night, for our big "theatah" outing, I'm wearing my leather-coated leggings from Fab'rik, and my silky black tunic blouse with black wedges.  I still need to pick out jewelry-aghhh!

As soon as we get back Sunday afternoon, we have a photo shoot with my husband's side of the family.  Thirteen adults, three kids.  Whoa, I'm tired just thinking about it.  When it rains it pours!

Gotta go iron now!  Happy Weekend, y'all!!

~LL


1 comment:

I love to hear from you!