Thursday, November 1, 2012

This is my life

Happy Belated Halloween!

I meant to post yesterday, but I had a cooking disaster yesterday morning that has left my hand looking like this:






FYI: Never let me fry sausage patties....like never, ever.  I was channeling my inner Pioneer Woman yesterday morning: turning a rotisserie chicken into chicken salad, and thought "Hey, while you're at it, why don't you fry up those sausage patties in the fridge and make your own version of a Sausage McMuffin?"  Um, never again.  My inner voice told me this was a bad idea as soon as I put the skillet on the stove (always listen to your inner voice, people!).  As the sausage was frying I flipped a patty over and hot grease splashed all over my right hand (cue bloody murder scream).  I think I might need a skin graft.  Regardless, my career in hand modeling was over before it started.  Dammit.

So that little kitchen mishap kicked the day right on off.  I couldn't even take a shower and wash my hair because my hand was in so much pain.  I had to break out the ole' 80's shower cap, and bathe with my left hand...hilarity.  I'm going to tell you what I wore yesterday so you can have a good laugh: black velour pants (because I think I'm JLo circa 2002), a gray tank, a long white cardigan, brown Uggs, and my greasy, unwashed hair pulled back into a pink baseball cap.  Sexay.  AND, I wore this classy number all day yesterday.  Heck, I couldn't even wear makeup- just lipstick, because of this hand injury.  To add to all of the drama?  Sophie May had her annual Vet check-up yesterday afternoon (shots, etc) and a new Vet has taken over the practice, and he's HOT.  I mean like, "What are you doing in Forsyth, Ga hawt?!?"  I literally couldn't have gotten out of there faster.  I started breaking out in that horrible upper lip sweat I do when I get nervous, and my ears had turned a bright shade of tomato.  As a side note, whenever I'm in a situation where I'm nervous, anxious, excited, etc. my ears always turn a bright shade of red.  Never fails.  If I ever do run into ASkars he's probably going to run because it looks like I might spontaneously combust.  This is my life.

Anywho, my hand is better today and I can actually move it without feeling pain.  Aaron and I hit up the dreadful Walmart last night (Tip: if you go to Walmart on Halloween hardly anybody's there) and I got some good burn cream.  We ended up staying in last night.  Aaron had already done the "trick or treating" thing last weekend, Adam was working, and I honestly didn't feel like getting a 2 1/2 year old out in the mix.  I was bummed, but Aaron's still too young to understand what Halloween is.  I definitely think next year will begin the fun, door-to-door trick-or-treating that we loved so much as kids.  I ended up cooking a pot of chili, and catching up on Modern Family eps.  Not the best Halloween, but not the worst either. 

This morning while the little tater tot was at preschool, me and my friend, Jessica, hit up Dillards, Belk, and DSW.  I was looking for some hot pumps for a Bachelorette party next weekend, and y'all I found them.....on clearance at DSW, nonetheless!


BCBG....originally $84.95 got them 30% off for $58.  Still a little bit too much, but they are BCBG, and I do need a pair of platform pumps as I don't have any.....I'm totally trying to justify this purchase and I can't.  It's frivolous and that's that.  I love them and if I don't bust my ass in them, they will be the best 58 bucks spent on shoes in a long time.

Alright, lovers.  Enjoy your day!

~LL

3 comments:

  1. the shoes are fab! you can never spend too much on a good pair of pumps! ha! and omg! i thought i was the only one that got the embarrassing upper lip sweat! i do that when i'm at the register and it's taking too long and i get uncomfortable in front of the cashier... ugh! haha! :)

    p.s.- i had to do that "prove you're not a robot" thing at least 5 times to post this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Girl drama. It's so much fun! ;)

    That dern robot. That thing is annoying.

    Thank you for commenting! Miss your face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes!! I hate it when I burn myself...which happens almost every time I cook.

    Love those shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!