Sunday, November 25, 2012

What is & what use to be

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  I am "Thanksgiving'd out" as far as food goes.  I have consumed more ham, broccoli and rice casserole, dressing, and pecan pie than one should consume in a whole year.  I have probably gained at least a pound a day since last Thursday, and I have a bridesmaid dress to fit into in um, 20 days.  So begins the holiday fast...at least until December 15th. ;)


You know those moments when you see a picture and it reminds you of your past?  I'm having major nostalgia this morning.  Although I'm from Griffin, and many of my childhood best friends live there and in the Atlanta area, I also have a great group of friends in Macon where I have currently lived for going on 6 years.

When I started dating Adam in 2005, I inherited all of these great people.  We were all fast friends, and spent most weekends (heck, many weeknights) at the local bar, CJ's, and sometimes (my fave bar in downtown Macon), The Hummingbird.  We spent time at each others homes, hanging out, going to dinner, spending random Sunday afternoons together.  I miss those days.  All of these bittersweet memories came rushing back to me this morning as I looked at Facebook photos of these girls at our annual Christmas dinner.  Many of us couldn't go because we didn't have childcare, some were out of town, some had family obligations, etc.

We're definitely not as close as we use to be, and some days it breaks my heart (like today).  People grow apart, this is very true.  Things change, people change.  You grow up, you have babies, you move away.  There are several factors that cause people to drift apart, I don't believe it's just one single person or one single factor.

My mama always told me growing up that as you get older your circle of close friends gets smaller.  I'm so blessed in the fact that I have two circles of close friends: one that consists of my Griffin/Atlanta loves, and one that consists of my Macon loves.  All of you know who you are and how dear you are to my heart.

I guess the point of this post is to just say that life goes on.  I understand that now.  And although it's sad, that's the way it is.  Maybe one day we'll all be close again.  But if not, that's okay.  I'll always have my memories and they'll always be a special place in my heart for those good ole days. :)

~LL

2 comments:

  1. Hayley! This speaks so much to my heart... I've really been feeling this way lately and your beautiful words from the heart were spot on... I may need repost this and edit it for my friend groups... xoxo KS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey friend!

    I'm so glad it did. I honestly meant what I said from the bottom of my heart, but I definitely believe people come in and out of your life for a reason. It's just the way life goes. Glad you're a friend that's always been there & always WILL be there. :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!