Friday, October 12, 2012

Loosey Goosey

Today I visited a chiropractor for the first time in my life.  After today, I don't know why I ever waited so long.

After dealing with yet another sinus infection this week, I made the appointment.  I am so sick (both literally and figuratively) of going to the Doc, getting a Z pack, getting rid of the infection, and then going through the same motions 2 months later.  I don't do sick well.  I can't stand laying around, looking like a ragamuffin, and feeling like a a$$.

I'm sad to say that it's taken me almost thirty years to reach the point in my life where my head is not stuck in the clouds regarding mine and my families health.  I guess what I'm trying to say is, although I do feel that doctors are a vital part of this world, I no longer "prescribe" to the "get sick-go to the Doc-get an antibiotic-get well" routine that goes on EVERY.DAY.  Our bodies were created by the Master of the universe, and He built us to naturally rid our bodies of toxins and impurities without having to choose the Doc-in-the-box route. 

Of course, as I stated above, Doctors are a must.  There are so many situations where Doctors and their expertise are needed.  They are essential, and they are lifesavers.....literally.  If it weren't for a Doctor, I wouldn't have known that our second son had a very sick heart, and would have a very brief life.  If it weren't for that Doctor, I wouldn't have made the health changes in mine and my families life since that moment last December when we learned that our Luke had Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. 

All in all, the reasons above brought me to the Chiropractor today; a more natural approach to my health instead of going the typical medical route.  And I have to say, I feel so much better.  I already knew (from my sister's stint at a Chiropractors office) that the alignment of the spinal vertebrae is essential to our well-being.  Our spine controls everything.  Our spine tells our brain what to do to make our bodies right.  Isn't that amazing? 

As soon as I was seated in my Chiropractors office, he proceeded to show me a light-up board of the spinal vertebrae and what affects what in our bodies.  After performing an X-Ray I was informed that I have some neck (cervical) issues, and that very well could be a cause of the constant sinus infections.  Afterwards I got a neck and back adjustment.  Y'all, I feel great.  I never realized how much tension I carried in my neck, until I felt that release.  I go back for another adjustment Monday and I cannot wait.  I'm not saying that I'm healed, but at least my spine can now tell my brain, "hey, clear this up so girlfriend doesn't constantly have to gross everyone out by blowing her schnoz everywhere she goes!"  Okay, so that was kind of gross and uncalled for. 


So now that we have finished our science lesson of the day, why don't we..........

Hottness (image courtesy of: http://media-cache-ec6.pinterest.com/upload/88594317640722269_KUKOaZ5Z_b.jpg)

wish JHutch a very Happy 20th birthday!!!  Love you, Peeta, oops, Josh!!

~LL

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!