Monday, October 1, 2012

Up All Night

Hey peeps!

How was your weekend?  Mine was great.  Since the hub's is working in Atlanta, I dropped Aaron off at my parents and headed to The A Saturday night.  It was so fun to get away for the evening, even if it was spending the night in a hotel room with my hubby. 

When Adam goes out of town for work he always gets a rental car for the trip.  So, as we were walking out of the Marriott Saturday night, Adam whipped the keys out and cranked up a 2011 Silver Yukon from the sidewalk.  Y'all, we felt so high class.  Usually his rentals are a nice, reliable, good gas mileage car.  Needless to say, we were loving driving around a big gas guzzler Saturday night.  I was hoping if I told Adam how hot he looked driving it, he might be interested in making a purchase, but it hasn't seemed to work thus far.  We'll see how that goes...

We ended up driving to North Marietta to see my sister and her husband's new home.  It was, of course, beautiful.  I'm ashamed to admit, but I have a jealousy streak that's a mile wide.  It's not a great quality, but at least I'm owning up to it.  Anyhow, when we pulled into the driveway in their fancy subdivision, and I laid my eyes on her wonderful new home, all I could feel was happiness for her and Dillon.  No jealousy, no envy, just pure joy.  It was so nice walking into her home, and not comparing, nor feeling sad because Adam and I don't live in a fancy neighborhood, with a Homeowners Association, and a garden tub.  Right now, we're good in our cozy, little brick home.  Maybe we'll have that one day...maybe we won't.  Among the many blessings we do have, the most important one is asleep in his little room, snuggled up with his "night-night," and that makes me feel like the luckiest girl in the world.

With all of that being said, I am SO ready to move to Atlanta after this weekend.  I absolutely loved being there amongst it all.  The good restaurants, the great shopping, the convenience of everything, the fact that I might run into JHutch at any moment (because he is filming Catching Fire in Atlanta right now).  I loved it.  It's no secret that my hubby's looking for a job closer to home, and if that job takes us to The Atl, I wouldn't mind one bit.

Enjoy your Monday, friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!