Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Much better........

Today was a better day. Thank God. I really don't think I could have handled another bad day like yesterday. What is the saying? "When one door closes, a window opens", or something to that effect. I dunno, but I'm feeling better. Much, much better.....

Did ya'll watch AI last night? OMG- Adam rocked the house with "Whole Lotta Love" didn't he?? Wow. You know, I have been on the fence with him ever since the show started, but I have to say he won me over last night. I mean, anyone who's gonna sing "Zep" (as my oh so cool dad refers to Led Zeppelin- he pretty much ingrained the love of "Zep" into me at the age of seven) like Robert Plant deserves the AI crown. Dontcha' think? Lerve. I'm disappointed Matt Giraud and his hunky piano moves aren't there anymore, but oh well. I can always relive "Human Nature" through youtube.

Mother's Day is this weekend, friends. Surprisingly, I have already bought Mother's Day presents for the mom and the mom-in-law. I got their gifts at Ulta after work today, while a tornado was just a brewing outside. Of course this would be the day that I chose to wear my nice, khaki pants and brown flats to work. I was soaked when I left and not happy about it. But, I do have Mother's Day gifts and that is one less thing I have to worry about when I wake up Sunday morning. Yay. In honor of mom's day I am posting a picture of my mama, my sister, and myself on Easter:

This is like our favorite picture right now, because every one has their eyes open. Hehe!

BTW, I'm doing the Susan G Komen race in Atlanta this weekend. The following are the reasons why I am most excited about participating in this race:
  • I am walking for my grandmother, and all of my other friends and loved ones that are dealing/or have fought this horrible disease.
  • I get a super-cute pink t-shirt to wear (and ya'll know how much I love pink)!
  • I am eating nothing but bad shit all week. I'm talking Chick-fil-a, Burger King, Panera Bread, you name it because I will be walking it off (or planning to anyway) during the race- woohoo!!
I've got to go cook dinner for the hub, friends. Talk to you soon!

1 comment:

I love to hear from you!