Sunday, May 10, 2009

Is it bad that I've worn my stretchy pants all weekend?

Happy Mother's Day! What a gorgeous day. I am in Griffin and have been here since Friday night. My sister and I am treating my mother to lunch as a thank you for being so (yes, I'm gonna say it) fabulous. I told Adam that technically, I am a mother to Sophie May so maybe I should get something special today. He just laughed and walked out of the room. So, I guess no flowers or cards for me. Maybe next year........ Oh and by the way, my dad won the husband of the year award today. He sent my mom chocolate-covered strawberries. How awesome is that?? And yes, I have totally killed two of them. Which leads me to my next thought.....

I have worn my VS stretchy pants all weekend!! This is not a good thing, friends. Flashback: Friday night, my mother and I go out to dinner. We get back to mom's house around 9 pm. Do I call friends to let them know I'm in town and do they want to meet up for a drink? No, I come home, put on the stretchy pants and read the latest edition of US Weekly (btw, Jon Gosselin so cheated- hate this because I'm a Jon & Kate fan myself). Saturday: friends and I wake up at the crack of dawn (5:30 AM....uhhhhh) to drive up to Atlanta for the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure. I feel proud of myself and very skinny after the race after walking 4 miles (I say 4 because it was at least a mile-long walk back to the car). Do I go out and rock a super cute and sexy dress and show off my super cute and sexy hubby? Nope. The stretchy pants come back on, the Thai food is delivered, The Best of the Eagles is playing on the Bose, and I am all settled in with a Madras. Life is good. Poor Adam. I think he really wants to burn the stretchy pants. Oh well.

I hope to post pics later on today of me and the girlfriends at the race. We had so much fun! I was so emotional during the race to watch all these brave women that have battled breast cancer cross that finish line. I'm not gonna lie, I probably cried like 5 times. To see men running in the race with signs on their backs that said "In memory of Mom." Wow. Tear. So amazing. I can't wait to be a part of this wonderful tradition every year. And hanging out with my best girlfriends- nothing can touch that. All in all, superb weekend. Now, if only I can wean myself off of the stretchy pants......

2 comments:

  1. LOL sometimes, warm, formfitting comfy clothing NEED to be worn a few times in a row...


    I had a strange Jon & Kate dream last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, you need to give credit where credit is due for those stretchy pants!! What would you do without me? Always taking care of my sissy.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!