Thursday, September 16, 2010

Book Review


Heart of the Matter

I just finished reading Emily Giffin's Heart of the Matter last night.  I have to say, I'm disappointed.  Normally, I love everything this woman writes, but not this one.  Basically, the story involves two women, Tessa and Valerie, and how their lives interact after Valerie's son is in an accident.  In true Emily Giffin style it involves hooking up, marriage woes, trust, and fidelity.  Although the story was told through two narratives in the same book (rather than two narratives in separate books like Something Borrowed and Something Blue), I still found myself disliking one woman, and wishing the other woman would take charge of her life.  I don't want to give too much away in case you're planning on reading; however, it just was not a favorite of mine. On a happier note, I'm super excited about Something Borrowed the movie!  Kate Hudson, John Krasinski, and Ginnifer Goodwin are just a few of the big names, so you know it's going to be really good.


Next on the book list includes:

True Colors
I read Firefly Lane by her and loved it.  We'll see if this one is just as good!

The Purpose Driven® Life: What on Earth Am I Here For?
I plan to read this soon.  I know I'm like 6 years behind, but I need more religion in my life.  Hope this book is as inspiring as I've heard it was......

What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!