Thursday, September 16, 2010

Randoms for your Thursday.....

Are y'all loving the "fallish" weather as much as I am??  I totally broke out my new, Express cardigan (see post here), and intend to wear it as long as I can stand it today.  Fall is my favorite season of the year for these reasons: non-frizzy hair, boots and scarves, the Griffin Fair (no, I'm not kidding), and of course, the holiday hoopla.  Lately, I've been drawn to lots of neutral colors; hence, the black, tan, and cream color clothing that I keep on purchasing.  Besides Banana Republic, what stores do you recommend for stylish, but understated clothing that I can purchase for not-so-steep prices?


Speaking of neutrals, Adam and I have decided to paint our kitchen a lovely shade of chocolate brown, repaint our white cabinets, and find some nice satin nickel knobs to replace our tarnished handles.  Yeah, I know the chocolate brown probably does not sound that aesthetically pleasing, but after speaking with a sales representative in Sherwin Williams regarding color choices I was sold.  To make a long story short, she had to rebuild her house from the ground up because of fire damage, and painted her kitchen walls brown, and cabinets white.  She sold her house in 11 days.  Yep, 11 days.....in this economy.  Granted, I'm sure the decision to purchase her house was not based solely on the kitchen, but she believes the neutral colors did factor into the decision.  After showing me a picture of her refinished kitchen, I grabbed a paint swatch, and went home to talk to Adam.  I'm thinking (fingers crossed) that we will be painting the kitchen next weekend.....excited!  You see, Adam and I will be putting the house back on the market within the next couple of months, and in the current real estate world I feel that we need to make as many small updates that we can without breaking the bank.  We'll see how it all turns out!


Happy Thursday! 

1 comment:

  1. The chocolate brown sounds great.

    If your knobs are cute and worth keeping, spray paint them. It saves so much money!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!