Sunday, September 5, 2010

Happy Labor Day!

Is everyone having a good Labor Day weekend?  Our time spent with the fam has been great.  Aaron and I have had a great time catching up, eating, playing outside, eating, napping, eating, shopping, eating (did I mention eating) all weekend long.  I've just given up on dieting.  I figure that if apply the art of "everything in moderation" to everything that I consume, and "work on my fitness" at least 4-5 times a week I should be okay.  Of course, the "everything in moderation" rule has been hard when my mom is whipping up goodies such as French Dip Sandwiches, Cheese Grits, and Potato Salad (just to name a few).  In the spirit of yummy food that's not so yummy for my waist line, I made Paula Deen's Strawberry Cream Shortcake for our Labor Day cookout tonight.  Here's the finished product:



It was pretty good if I do say so myself.  :)

Enjoy the rest of your Labor Day weekend, friends!

1 comment:

  1. It was Delish! Think I might have a little for breakfast with Coffee- yum!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!