Thursday, September 9, 2010

RIP Rich Cronin

Yesterday my friend, Lauren, met Jennifer Aniston.  She had driven to Atlanta to audition for a role as Jennifer Aniston's stand-in in a movie titled "Wanderlust."  To make a long story short, Lauren went to the actual set where they were filming, and Jennifer Aniston said: "Hey, I'm Jen."  Lauren said that she was in such shock she could barely breathe, let alone speak.  She ended up introducing herself to Ms. Aniston, after having a private freak-out, and shook her hand.  Lauren swore that her hands tingled- haha!  After wards, she called me to recount the amazing moment; she didn't get the part, but we agreed that just meeting Jennifer Aniston was worth the drive to be turned down.  She said that she was still in such shock, and now knew there was such a thing as being "starstruck."  I said I totally agreed.  

Don't hate, but I had that same feeling when I saw the boy band, LFO, in NYC in July 2001.  If you don't remember LFO, you've got to remember the "Abercrombie & Fitch" song.  Remember now?  K, so I saw them in front of the Virgin Mega-store on Times Square.  I had taken the trip with my boyfriend at the time, and his mother.  We were driving to Canada (long story for another day), and stopped in New York for a long weekend since I had never been.  We were walking around the city, doing touristy stuff, and the Virgin store was our next stop.  I didn't see the boy band at first; my boyfriend's mom did.  She said, "Hayley, look at the front of the store.  I think they must be famous."  Sure enough, I turned around and there were Rich Cronin, Devin Lima, and Brad Fischetti of LFO (Lyte Funky Ones.....hehehehe).  They were in all their boy band glory; the fake tans, gelled man bangs, gold chains, and left and right ear piercings were way too much for me to handle.  I froze.  I was the first girl to spot them at that moment; I had the perfect opportunity to get an autograph, and possibly a hug and I literally froze.  I couldn't speak and I couldn't move. Even my boyfriend nudged me their way, but my feet were stuck to the cement.  Basically, I never got the courage, and a minute later LFO was bum-rushed by a wave of girls, and I was left behind.  How dorky am I??  Although, they were only "big" for a couple of months, I still cannot believe how starstruck I was.

Imagine how surprised I was to learn that Rich Cronin (the hot blond) died of leukemia today.  He was only 36.  Isn't that so sad? It's so weird that I was just talking about him, and that experience to Lauren yesterday, and I found out from her that he died today.  Life works in mysterious ways.......RIP Rich Cronin.

Anyhow, I thought I'd share my little brush with celebrity.  Although I'm sure I would have froze when meeting Jennifer Aniston, I would quickly get my act together to shake her hand and say "I can't stand that b*#ch, Angelina.  Team Aniston forever and always"  ;)

Nighty-night!

2 comments:

  1. I loved LFO too. I still have the CD and will play it from time to time. Very sad that he passed. Great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally would've said the same thing to JA! Ever since the breakup, that woman has been my idol. Every time my heart gets stomped on I'm all, "Shoot, if she can get over Brad Pitt, I can get over this guy!" Haha :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!