Thursday, September 23, 2010

What happened?

Today started with the promise of being a good day.  I woke up feeling a teeny bit better than I did yesterday, and after chugging a glass of water, popping a Z pill, and some Ibuprofen I was ready for the world.......somewhat.  After Aaron had his bottle and played for a couple of hours, it was time for his morning nap.  I love the morning nap; well, I love all naps (ME time), but I love the morning nap because it's my time to take a shower, throw on some clothes and makeup, settle in on the couch with a second cup of coffee, and make my to do list for the day.  I guess you could say the morning nap sets the tone for the rest of the day.  So, after showering and dressing, my doorbell rings.  My first thought is, "Dammit.  Aaron still has twenty minutes let of nap time."  Twenty-less minutes of nap time in our house is never a good thing.  I go to the door, and see my in-laws standing there.  I knew they were coming into town this weekend, I just did not know they would be at my house at 10:30 AM.  Eeeeekkkkk!!!!!  Aaron, of course, wakes up, so I decide to run Sophie May to the groomer while they watch A for a little bit.  After getting back and giving Aaron another bottle, I mosey on over to Tuesday Morning (just my favorite store in the whole world) to pick out some pretty new fall decorations, and a new bathroom rug.  (Y'all, this place makes me such a happy girl.  I absolutely cannot wait until Adam, Aaron, and I are in a bigger house where I can decorate to my heart's content.)  I was so excited for my soft new rug, fall wreath and place mats, and planter stakes.  Then I got home, and that's when all hell broke loose.  After putting Aaron down for a much-needed afternoon nap, I settled in for a turkey sandwich and a little All My Children.  Not even thirty minutes later, the doorbell rings.  Are you effin' kidding me?  Another nap interruption??  I go to the door with a look on my face that could kill, and lo and behold, it's our exterminator, Chris.  Dammit.  Totally forgot he was coming, and of course, Aaron had just settled down for his two hour nap.  Chris is probably one of the nicest men I have ever known.  He's the kind of man that I could probably tell him all the members of my family, and he would remember their names, and ask about them when I see him every three months.  As soon as I open the door, I whisper, "Aaron is sleeping."  Chris, in his loud, country voice says, "Oh, that's alright!  I'll just be a minute!"  Famous last words.  Aaron, hears him, wakes up.  Shit.  Chris precedes to stay for 20 minutes chatting away about the heat, roaches, and my Brita Pitcher (I fixed him some water, and he just could not get over the fact there was a filter inside my pitcher).  "Where can I get one of these things, Hayley?  Ikea or some nice department store?  I bet it's expensive."  "Well, actually Chris, I got mine at Walgreens for 12 bucks.  They're really not that great."  This is how our conversation went for 10 minutes while my baby was crying.  After he finally left around 2 pm, I basically spent the rest of the afternoon tending to a mad baby (because he never got his nap, and refused to go back to sleep), and fighting this sinus infection that I really think is slowly killing me.  Need.A.Drink.  STAT!

Now Adam is finally home, we're about to order pizza (screw the diet tonight), and I am vegging completely out.  Holla!