Monday, September 20, 2010

Shenanigans

"Blah" is the word for today.  It's Monday, I completely screwed my diet this weekend, and most importantly, my Aaron is sick. :(  I'm so sad.  I think I'm taking it harder than he is.  This morning he had a temperature of 101, and I called the Doc immediately.  Basically after they pricked his finger to get a blood count, I was told that monkey man had a cold.  Boo.  He's napping at this moment, and I'm hoping he's getting some good rest so he can get better.  

My in-laws kept Aaron Saturday night, so I could go to a Bachelorette Party in Atlanta Saturday night.  They took him to church yesterday, and here's a picture of my dapper little guy all dressed up in his Sunday best:

Isn't he just a love?


So, I went to a Bachelorette Party this weekend.  It rocked.  Six of my girlfriends and I headed up to Atlanta for a raucous girls night out on the town.  I'll say it again, as I've said it before:  I can't hang.....not anymore.  I was already drunk by the time our appetizers landed on our table at 10:00 pm (we had late dinner reservations).  We dined at Season's 52, and it was amazing.  Their Hawaiian Pineapple Cosmo was absolutely delicious, refreshing, and strong.  So strong in fact, that I had to order coffee in order to make it to the bar.  I was that girl with my eyes half-closed, stupid smile plastered on my face, and laughing incessantly.  Such a dork.  Anyhow, we all shared several appetizers, and can I just say they were delectable?  We ordered: Edamame, Goat Cheese Ravioli, Crab & Shrimp-stuff Mushrooms,  Sushi, and a Goat Cheese flat bread.  Needless to say, by the time our entrees arrived we were stuffed.  I had the Tiger Shrimp Penne pasta, and it was scrumptious.  Later, our waiter brought out shot glasses of mini desserts, that included: Rocky Road, Peanut Butter Mousse, Key Lime Pie, and Blueberry Cheesecake.  Heaven.  The awesome thing about this place was that everything was under 475 calories; although, I'm sure between the martinis, appetizers, entree, and dessert I had easily consumed at least 1000.  I was totally convinced that if I ate another bite, my ass would totally rip my "jeggings" in half; especially since I definitely planned on requesting that "Pretty Boy Swag" be played at least twice when we got to the bar.

After dinner, we headed over to East Andrews for the dance party.  Our first stop was Andrews Upstairs, where we all took turns getting in the "cage," and pretending we were Jessica Alba a la Sin City, while singing every word of "Oh Sheila!"  After wards, we went downstairs and after a few tries in the phone booth, got into their private lounge, Prohibition, where we drank martinis and smoked cigars.  Don Draper would have been so proud. We then took the party back outside, and danced until 3 AM.  Here are some pics taken before the night began:

Lauren & I posing before the night began.....
The bride!  Isn't her veil the cutest?

It was an awesome night, and we had a fantastic time.  Thank God for girlfriends and GNO's; I don't know what I would do without both! Congratulations to our bachelorette, Nicole, who will be getting married in 3 weeks- whoop whoop!

Off to check on my baby love.  Crossing my fingers for a better day tomorrow......

2 comments:

  1. He's adorable!!
    I'm sad he's sick. :(

    The B-party sounds like fun!! It's been forever since I've been out in ATL. terrible. I'm old.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!