Saturday, August 31, 2013

Grateful

And blessed.  That's how I'm feeling today.  A complete turn-around from my mood this morning.  Y'all, I know I have a baby growing inside of me and everything, but geez- these mood swings are for the birds!  I woke up, on the wrong side of the bed (again) this morning, and just didn't want to deal.....with anything.  I got on FB, got annoyed, got off, and decided to go straight to the Bible app on my phone for a little spiritual guidance and reminder of what's important in life.  I prayed- for a better attitude, more patience with Aaron, more patience with Adam, more patience with friends and family, and most importantly for more patience with myself.  Then, I turned on Disney Junior for Aaron, and retreated back to bed, laptop in hand for a little catching up on one of my favorite blogs: life{in}grace.  I love this woman, like I love Ree Drummond (Pioneer Woman).  Both of these women are the epitome of what I want to become as I get older.  They're both southern, and amazing moms and wife's, and their love and patience for their families inspire me.  I want to be like that.  Edie, the author of life{in}grace, is my muse.  Her spirituality runs deep- she's an amazing Christian woman.  I love to read her posts on parenting, because as a mother of 5 (or maybe 6) children she knows- she's been around the block a time or two.  She loves makeup, in particular MAC makeup (like myself), and she loves food.  All qualities that I find important in an individual- lol! 

After refreshing myself with some good "bloggage", God sent me another reminder of how blessed I am in the form of my best friend, Natalie.  While texting back and forth, she asked me about Aaron's school schedule.  Then, offered to keep him a couple of afternoons next week so I could have some time to myself.  Offer is actually the wrong word- she stated I'll keep him, not because I have to, but because I want to.  GratefulThat is what true friendship is.  She loves me, therefore, she loves my child(ren).  It means so incredibly much to me.  That is when I realize how immature and childish my behavior can be at times- I'm not being grateful for all that He has blessed me with.  Good friends- that's a blessing. 

I feel like I am constantly needing to work on being grateful when I'm feeling good, and being graceful when I'm feeling bad.  It's easy to be grateful when things are going great and "according to plan."  It's the being graceful that counts the most.  So today, I am grateful.  I want to focus on this, especially on my "off" days when I'm not feeling so grateful OR graceful. 

Keeping it real, y'all! ;)

Go Dawgs!

~LL





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!