Tuesday, August 27, 2013

5 weeks to go!!

I started this blog entry this morning and I'm so glad I didn't finish/post it this morning.  I totally woke up on the wrong side of the bed today, and my mood could accurately have been described as heinous.  Pregnancy rage is real, y'all.  Luckily, my hormone levels evened out by lunch time, and after that I resumed normalcy- or, whatever I consider "normal" for myself right now.  I wouldn't be lying if I said that a slaw dog, fries, and sweet tea from Griffith's did the trick.  You do what you have to do, people!

We obviously have a lot to catch up on, amiright??  First things first.....Harper update!  I went in yesterday for my 35 week check-up, and so far everything is progressing nicely.  My weight gain is 30 pounds so far (I really don't know how on earth my weight gain isn't more like 45- guess the daily toddler-chasing, stair-climbing is burning off my crazy ChickfilA waffle fry obsession), my blood pressure looked good, and I haven't started to majorly swell.....yet.  Harper's heart rate was at 148, and I still get so excited when I hear that whoosh, whoosh over the Doppler.  Next week starts the weekly visits; I have mixed feelings about this.  Yes, it's great because I get to check on baby girl, hear that sweet heart, and once you hit that 36-week mark you are officially in countdown mode.  The one thing that I hate about these visits: pelvic exams.  Ugh.  At 31 years old, I am still the girl that pops a Xanax before a pap smear.  Can't stand it.  So yeah, the next few check-ups should be interesting.  I don't want to go all TMI here, but let's just say that after my delivery with Aaron the lady parts needed some significant healing, so the option for a delivery via c-section has always been available to me.  I am definitely not opposed to a c-section, and really prefer it as I do not want to go through what I went through with Aaron.  We'll see......

Sunday, my mother-in-law, my two sister-in-laws, and a friend hosted Harper's second (and final) "sprinkle."  It was wonderful, and just meant the world to me.  This shower wasn't as big as my first, but still so special, nonetheless.  I am lucky to be surrounded by such amazing friends and family.  Here's some pics:

Sweet friends

Brooke and I- due 6 weeks apart; both with girls!

Loot

My beautiful (and delicious) cake

Grub

Love the wreath!

And the diaper cake!
 Again, I am so appreciative of my family and friends that put forth the effort to throw me a shower, and just show up.  Everyone has so much going on in their lives, and it just meant so much to me the people that came.  So, if you're reading this- thank you!!!  I find it so rude and tasteless when you invite people to something, and they can't even simply send a text to regret not being able to show up.  There's just no excuse for that.  But, you live and you learn.  Point noted- moving on!

Finally, VMA's.  Thoughts??  We are now on Day 2 of the Miley aftermath.  My FB newsfeed has been flooded with opinions on the raunchfest that took place on stage Sunday night.  Wth???  I'm still confused.  And traumatized.  The tongue, the leotard, followed by next-to-nothing, the foam finger, the "twerking."  Absolutely ratchet.  Gosh, even Robin Thicke has gone down a few steps on the hottie ladder after he participated in that gross-out fest.   Y'all, I'm telling you, this girl is headed for Britney melt-down circa 2007.  It's so sad.  She needs help.  The only part of the show that was awesome and amazing was, you guessed it- JT.  Agh!!  Cannot.even.handle.him.  He brought sexy back.  As he so rightfully mentioned, "I still run this bitch."  If you haven't seen it, or you would like to watch it for the 57th time (like me) watch it here.


That's it, friends.  Gotta hit the sack!

~LL


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!