Wednesday, August 21, 2013

It's baaacckkkk

In the words of Madea, my second favorite person in the world, "hallelujer!"  Folks, we are back in the the 21st century.....we officially have Internet again.  Whoop!  We have been without Internet for over 3 weeks now.  It's been awful.  I know I've ranted about this before, but AT&T can suck it.  Basically after being loyal customers for 2 years, they suddenly turned off our Internet....without any warning.  My husband, who is one of the most patient and kind people I've ever known, immediately called and was informed that they had no record of Internet installation at our new address; at this point Adam went off.  We were furious!  After reaming their behinds a new one, he canceled service.  At that point, I told him to contact DirecTV since our satellite service is with them, and they had previously tried to sell me on their TV/Internet bundle before.  We've been with DirecTV for 6 years now, and have never had any issues with them before.  So, Adam calls DirecTV to inquire about their "bundle" and lo and behold, they bundle with AT&T.  At this point, Adam's been on the phone with AT&T for over an hour, and both of us were over it.  We decide to precede with the "bundle" because we could get a discount on our DirecTV bill.  We set up installation for the following week and moved on.  Except the installation day came and went, and after Adam called AT&T (again) to get the status, they informed him (again) they had no record of a request being made to reestablish service.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????!!!!!!!!  At that point, Adam said eff' y'all- we're done.  We called Comcast, set up installation day (today) which was 2 1/2 weeks ago.  So that's it folks, we've been without Internet for almost a month and we're finally back in business again.  I know, #firstworldproblems.  I will say; however, depending on my iPhone's fickle 3G service has been awful- today is a blessing.  Yes, I am thankful for the small things!

In other news......
  • After my True Blood rant the other day, I found out yesterday that ASkars (Eric) will be returning to TB next season.  "Thank you, Lort!" 
  • According to my BabyCenter pregnancy app I am 34 weeks today.  Can I get a what what?!  That means *fingers crossed* that baby girl will be here in at least 6 weeks.  This makes me so happy.  This last trimester has been rough.  I am so thankful to God for blessing me with the ability to carry a child, and for blessing me with another healthy child, but I don't plan to be pregnant ever again.  Pregnancy the first go-round (if you're a person that enjoys being pregnant) is great; you eat what you want to, sleep when you want to, lay on the couch for 5 hours straight when you want to, etc.  Pregnancy with a 3 1/2 year old (or any other child for that matter) is a whole other story.  It's hard; mentally and physically exhausting.  Because no matter what, your child needs you.  Parenting blogs, websites, magazines, love to tell you to put "you first."  These people writing these articles, blogs, etc. obviously don't have children or they have 1 child.  Sorry honey, but it stopped being "about me" the day my son was born.....3 1/2 years ago! 
  • My second (and final) baby "sprinkle" is this Sunday at my mother-in-law's house.  I'm excited!  It won't be as big as my first "sprinkle" but I'm still so happy to be able to share this special day with good friends and family.  Bring on the cake! ;)
Since I can't stop quoting Madea today (Harper Beth must love her, too!) I have to add this.  Enjoy!

~LL

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!