Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Updates

Aaron and I have already started this day out by being incredibly lazy, and still in our pj's at 10:30 AM.  Oh well.  Yesterday was crazy.  I was up by 6:30 that morning and we were out of the door by 7:30 to get to Aaron's eye doc appointment at 8:30.  Never again.  And when I say never again, I mean never again will I make an appointment that early in the AM an hour away thinking it's going to cut our wait time in half at the Doc.  Not true!  We arrived a little before 8:30 and did not walk out of that place until 10:30.  I'm sorry, I know that's pretty standard at the eye doctor, but I think it's a little crazy.  An hour and a half out of those 2 hours we were waiting.  I thought by scheduling the first appointment of the day we would be able to get out of there sooner, but that's not the case.  I really don't think there's any way of getting out of there in less than two hours, no matter what time your appointment is.  Oh well, it's over and Aaron's not due to go back until January.  And next time, Adam's making that trip!

In other news, the royal baby was born yesterday and it's a boy!!  I must say, I was surprised by two things:
1) I was convinced that Kate was having a girl.  Convinced.  However, I am very happy for her and William and cannot wait to see this little royal prince.  I'm sure he's beautiful.  I imagine a head full of beautiful, dark hair- like his mom. 
2) How is it that Kate gave birth to an 8 pound baby and looked like she was maybe 5 months pregnant when she gave birth??  Call it good genes, I guess.  I'm impressed.  I'm A LOT bigger than her in my seventh month of pregnancy than she was in her ninth month.  She's gorge.  Also, in every picture we've seen of her during pregnancy, she was always covered up and dressed very conservatively.  I'm sure she was not shopping at Old Navy, and wearing flip-flops and stretchy leggings on the daily.  And, I'm also sure that she will be back to her awesome pre-preg bod by the time People has the royal fam featured on their cover.  Mark my words.

Last weekend we celebrated my mom's birthday.  She turned 52.  I pray I look as good as she does some 20 years down the road!  We enjoyed hanging out with family all weekend, and eating tons of good food and cookie cake (nom nom nom).  I've blogged about my mom and how special she is before, so I'll just link that entry up in case you want to read.  She's awesome and such an inspiration to me and I just adore her.  Hope you had a wonderful birthday, Mama!

There's been another trailer released for The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, and my dorkometer is going crazy.  I.Heart.Peeta.  Here it is if you want to watch:


We can't forget Finnick!!  Especially since we're totally best friends with him in real life! (Sorry this joke will never get old, y'all.)  I think next to the birth of our second kid, this movie coming out is the next best thing about 2013.  There, I said it. 

One last thing: my dear friend Katie sent this pin to me last night, and I think it speaks volumes.  Katie Anne- you know me so well, my dear!



Enjoy your Tuesday!  Gotta go hit up the grocery store- life is so exciting! ;)

~LL

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!