Saturday, July 13, 2013

The sun will come out....tomorrow??

I'm in major countdown mode right now.  Counting down the weeks until I give birth, counting down the weeks until my baby showers, counting down the days that I have to get my mostly-empty house ready for a baby shower to be hosted at our home.....you get the point.  This morning, I was seriously counting down the weeks until Aaron goes back to school.  Don't get me wrong, I adore my child, but as I've stated before: mama needs a break.  Yes, I'm in major countdown mode and won't deny it.  I know you're supposed to live each day as if it's your last....yada, yada, yada.....but sometimes you just need to freakin' count. 

I posted yesterday about my weight gain, and how my Doc (and the friendly worker at Subway) both informed me that it was time to cut back.  I got some really nice feedback on FB from dear friends that made me feel better about my new preg bod.  Thank you, loves!  Anyway, last night around 2AM I turned over to lay on my left side and.....the bed broke.  Seriously.  Well, more like collapsed.  I just laid there in a daze; embarrassed because I am obviously an elephant.  Adam, half-asleep said, "what happened?"  Um, I broke the bed.  Sorry...I'm a fat ass.  Turns out, the slats gave out, and therefore the mattress fell down.  My poor hubby, he was giving me every excuse in the book to make me feel better.  I spent the rest of the night worried that any movement might cause the bed to fall through the floor into our basement.  Therefore, I slept maybe 3 hours.  No sleep=a rough day.  I even had to take a Zofran for the first time since first trimester today; I've felt terrible.  I'm blaming all of this on lack of sleep; I just began third trimester yesterday- this can't be the standard for the rest of this pregnancy.  Tonight, I'm going to bed when Aaron goes to bed.

Third trimester has also brought back my distaste for coffee.  I've attempted to drink a cup every day, and after two sips ended up dumping it down the drain.  I just want something cold to drink when I wake up.  My fellow Keurig friends, do they make ice-coffee k-cups?  This is probably a dumb question considering all I need to do is make a regular cup, and pour it into a glass with ice, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I hit up Marshall's early this afternoon for some home decor.  Have I ever said how much I love this place??  I bought a black entryway table for our foyer, a canvas for our den, a vase of pink (artificial) roses for our dining room table, some yellow and gray throw pillows for our bed, and some new dog bowls for Sophie May.  I could have spent at least two more hours in that place.  This is going to be fun!

Off to order Chinese.  This overcast weather give me no drive to whip up anything in the kitchen.  Looks like a couch/movie night for us.  Enjoy your evening, friends!

~LL

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!