Tuesday, July 16, 2013

I can't believe summer's halfway over!

After my rant the other day, I found out late yesterday afternoon that I passed my glucose test.  Woot!  I was totally under the impression that they were going to call me with the results, and when I hadn't heard from them by 3 pm yesterday, I called them.  Turns out, if the test had been abnormal they would have called me.  I guess in this case no news= good news.  As selfish as this sounds, I was thrilled that I didn't have to give up my sweets (doughnuts, cheesecake, oatmeal cream pies, ice cream, etc).  Now just to reign it all in.....another story for another day.

All of Harper's bedding has come in, and my mom helped me put it all together in her crib this morning.  Y'all, I love it!  I would post a pic, but I want her room to be a little more prepared before I start posting pics.  The only thing that's ready right now is her crib.  We still have a lot of work to do, but hey- at least it's getting underway.  I absolutely cannot wait to see her sweet face asleep in that bed......only 12 weeks left!!

I'm still in shock over Cory Monteith's death.  Adam let me sleep in Sunday morning, and as soon as I picked up my phone, I saw a notification from US Weekly (of course since I'm totally celebrity-obsessed that app is probably my fave) that read: Cory Monteith: Dead at 31.  I could not believe it.  Even Adam was shocked as Glee used to be one of our favorite shows.  I knew that he had his issues; that he went to rehab for a month earlier this year, but with so many celebrities going to rehab all the time, using and abusing it (Lindsay Lohan), I just assumed "Oh, he's alright.  It's the celebrity thing to do."  Judging from all of the articles that I've read about him over the last couple of days, he's been battling this illness for quite some time.  Of course, the autopsy details haven't been released, but one can only assume drugs/alcohol were the cause of his death.  So sad.  I feed so badly for Lea Michele.   So, in honor of Cory Monteith I'm posting one of my favorite Glee performances by him (and the other Glee cast).  Enjoy.

~LL

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!