Thursday, May 9, 2013

One more day left!

My eyes are swollen shut this morning.  I stayed up late last night watching the Naomi Watts movie, The Impossible, and I cried through the whole movie.  If you haven't watched this movie, watch it.  It's a true story based off of a family that experienced the 2004 tsunami in Thailand.  I have a weird obsession with tsunamis (don't ask.....don't know where/when this happened) so of course I was on board to watch this movie as soon as the previews came out.  I picked it up at the Redbox yesterday, and after I got my rug-rat in the bed I watched....and cried....and cried.   Trust me- it's worth the tears. 

So, I have news about the house and it isn't good.  Doesn't look like we're getting it.  (Sad face.)  For the past two days we have gone round and round via our Realtors with this offer/that offer.  We did stand firm on our final offer which we submitted Tuesday, but the seller was not on board.  Ugh!  So disappointing and aggravating.  I was talking to Adam about it last night, and we both agreed that if someone showed up on our doorstep offering to buy our house for $10,000 cheaper than when we bought it, provided we pay the closing costs, we'd jump at the chance.  I'm guessing maybe the owners aren't in such a hurry to sell because the house is an estate??  Who knows.  Honestly, I'm disappointed but I'm okay with the current situation.  It's all in God's hands.  Maybe He has something better for us?  The old me would fight for this house tooth and nail, not praying and asking God if this is where He wants me to be.  I'm just trying to listen this time around.  I know the answers (and house) will come with a little trust and patience.

In other news....have y'all bought Mother's Day gifts?  Ideas?  Aaron Mo and I are going shopping tomorrow morning, and I have no ideas of what to get my mom and my two mother-in-laws.  All of these wonderful women are different in so many ways, but I would like to do something other than a gift card.  I would look on Pinterest, but I don't have the time/energy to put together the "ultimate Mother's Day" gift; i.e. something homemade, super-duper cutesy, and absolutely over-the-top fabulous.  Pinterest has made everyone else look pathetic in the gift department if you hand somebody a card with a (gasp!) gift card inside it.  It has to be a handmade card, in the most beautiful calligraphy imaginable, with a balloon attached, an adorable poem, and a puppy.  For reals.  I can't handle it. 


 Final thoughts:
  • I have a maj crush on Deacon from Nashville.  Loving the fact that he and Rayna are finally gettin' it on.  Knockin' da boots.  Bumpin' & Grindin'.  (I told y'all......this little girl in my belly has my Pandora station permanently on early 90's R&B.  "You Remind Me of my Jeeeeeep....")
  • I put on makeup for the first time all week, and I literally came back to life.  I think I was a tad depressed until I put some eyeliner and bright pink lipstick on.  Note to self: wear makeup.  Even if you're depressed.  You'll feel better.
  • I cannot stop jamming out to will.i.am and the Bieb's new single, #thatPOWER.  Love it!  Me, this baby bump, and Aaron seriously had a dance party when he performed this song on Ellen
  • I cannot stand Sabrina on General Hospital.  I know this is a random thought, but it's been on my mind and had to be said.  I think she's incredibly annoying and it's high-time for Robin to come back from the dead.
  • True Blood comes back on in exactly 31 days.  I am SO ready to spend my next 3 months obsessing over ASkars and who he's dating.  Heart him.
Enjoy your beautiful day!

~LL

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry about the house, but you are right...trust that God has a bigger plan. I'm like you, when I want something bad enough, I tend to fight for it and not listen to what God may be telling me.

    I haven't purchased a Mom's day gift, only because I'm not going to see my mom for a bit. I know what I want to get her, I just need to take a little trip to Anthro (online didn't have it :(). I did mail her a card - from Target. Pinterest can suck it.

    Deacon is so hot, and I love his name. I think it's such a good name for a Southern boy...I am pumped he and Rayna are getting it on - finally! I liked the idea of the producer guy, but Deacon is way better.

    I can't believe TrueBlood is back in 31 days. I always feel like the season flies by, so that means, the next three months will FLY, and that means Brooks will be here!! I'm so ready for this kid to actually be out of me so that I can hang out with him and have my wine. So over it and just now half way there!

    Sorry for the novel...call me sometime this weekend - I know you're slammed with two kiddos.


    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!