Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Summer Makeup

This hot weather has me seriously over wearing makeup.  Yeah, yeah, I know it's only been a few days since it's been "hot" outside.  Up until last weekend, I was wearing a cardigan to keep the chill off (Hello? Am I a grandmother??).  Well, the eighty degree days are back in full force and I believe they're here to stay.  You know what's totally not about to stay on my face?  Eyeliner.  This is maj, y'all.  I am a total eyeliner sociopath.  I'm obsessed.  Always looking for new ways to wear it, switching from a pencil, to powder, to gel, etc.  Lining the outside, lining the inside, yada, yada, yada.  I'm an eyeliner freak.  I've watched so many videos on YouTube on how to expertly apply eyeliner (among other things) that I probably could do people's makeup as a side job.  Seriously.  Some days my makeup is a hot mess, but for the most part I think I do pretty good.  (If my makeup sucks, please just send me an anonymous letter/email; OR just don't burst my bubble, k?  Thanks!)

Okay, I might be a little too drastic in saying eyeliner's completely off the table.  I've decided my look this summer will be eyeliner just on the top lid.  I love it too much to completely part with it for 3 long months.  Of course, I'll do the typical going-out smokey eye at night for special occasions (Now that I think about it, that's doubtful as well.  I'm going to be as large as a hippo and probably sweating like a whore in church (Ha! Kidding!)  Might just be best to stick to my new summer makeup regimen of "less is best."  Don't want to scare anyone.)

Anyway, I think my summer makeup basics will include: tinted moisturizer (or BB cream), a light powder to prevent the shinies, some bronzer and highlighter, eyeliner (top lid only), mascara, and of course lipstick.  I know lip gloss rules the roost in the hot days of summer, but I am a total lipstick fool.  And the less heavy eye gives me more drive to wear a bright pink lip.  And when I say bright pink, I'm totally thinking Kourtney K:

So pretty, right?  Via
Here's some of my pinspiration:

Pretty much what I'm thinking of  my summer makeup essentialsVia

   
So effortlessly prettyVia

If I could afford every item in this pic, I'd buy in a sec.  My birthday is less than a month away..... ;) Via

What are your summer makeup must-haves?

~LL

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!