Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Updates

Wow- this week has really dragged by.  BUT, it's hump day so that means 2 days closer to the weekend- whoop!

I've been keeping my friend Nicole's little girl, Zowie, this week.  She's nine months and adorable.   It makes me really excited to get a glimpse of what life will be like with a baby girl.  Aaron has been great with her (for the most part) so that gives me hope that he'll be a great big brother.  Fingers crossed!

We Adam finished the kitchen floor Monday night.  I love it!  Here's a pic:

Excuse the counter clutter

Since I'm lame and can't figure out how to do a before and after shot, here's what the floor looked life before. 
I truly think he did an amazing job.  You can see how the floor darkens the kitchen, so keeping the cabinets white is really our only option.  The next time the hubs is home, he and my father-in-law are repaving our driveway, so we're not looking at repainting the cabinets until later on this month.  In the meantime, I'm happy with my new (or what feels like new) kitchen!

Now onto the house situation......grrrrr.......not really going like we hoped.  We put in our offer Monday, they counter-offered yesterday (not a really great offer in that they barely came off the listing price), we put in our final offer, they counter-offered again last night (again, not that great of a counter-offer), and we're standing firm on our final offer from yesterday.  Lucky for us, we have an excellent realtor who is supporting our every decision and keeping us updated minute-by-minute.  When they counter-offered the first time yesterday I cried.  I know, I know, I need to toughen up.  Blame it on the pregnancy hormones and just the general aggravation of it all.   I know this is common procedure in the real estate market these days.  When Adam bought our house in 2006 it was so much more simple.  The house was on the market for two weeks, Adam submitted his offer, the seller agreed, and he was closing within three weeks.  I'm just trying to stay positive and know that it's out of our hands.  If it's meant to be, it will be.  Repeat mantra......

I'm getting my hurr did Saturday and I am so pumped!  No cut as my hair is finally growing out after 9 months, but color and I'm thinking ombre.  Here's some of my pinspiration:

Gorge via

So pretty via

Pretty but my least favorite.  I guess b/c she's all the way blonde & I'm brunette.

Love how subtle the ombre/highlights are via

I haven't gotten my hair colored in awhile so you can imagine the excitement.  I'll be sure to post a pic!

Enjoy your hump day, friends!

~LL


1 comment:

  1. The kitchen looks great! I hope you get good news on the house - saying a prayer that all works out like it's supposed to. :) Have so much fun getting your hair done! I have been putting mine off for too long, but I just can't decide what I want to do. Too many decisions to make, so I just freeze up.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!