Thursday, April 11, 2013

Is it Friday yet?

Aaron's at preschool this morning.  Hallelujah!  As much as I love being home with my favorite person in the world, Mama needs a break.  I don't know about y'all but this week has just dragged by for us.  Sunday afternoon we headed up to Kennesaw to spend time with family.  We had a wonderful time!  I noticed that afternoon Aaron started coughing, but I didn't think anything of it.  Monday the cough continued and he woke up from his nap with a low grade fever.  Monday night he woke up at 2 AM coughing with a fever of 101.8.  Bless it.  I gave him some Tylenol, got him some juice, and put him in the bed with me (poor hubs got assigned the couch).  So of course, I take Aaron to his pediatrician Tuesday morning where I'm informed that it's viral and has to run its course.  Ugh!  So after a long week of coughs, congestion, and fever it looks like we're on the up and up today.  Aaron has been fever-free for the past 18 or so hours (yay) and was able to head back to school today.  I blame the pollen.  I know allergies don't necessarily cause fever, but it seems like when the yellow stuff gets to swirling around your body reacts as if it has the flu.  Needless to say, we haven't spent much time outside since Sunday.  Ready to get back at it this weekend!

I also had a doc appointment Tuesday morning.  I got to hear that glorious heartbeat (156)!  I still have no clue what is growing in this belly.  I'm thinking it's a boy for sure.  Actually, most everybody thinks it's a boy.  We'll see soon!  My next appointment is April 25th and it's the big heart ultrasound appointment.  I'm incredibly nervous.  I feel confident that this baby is healthy, but of course there's the worry that lingers.  Praying every day!  I'm pretty sure I'll find out what I'm having at that appointment.  Eeekk!  I'm so excited!  I think it's crazy how this ultrasound will fall on Luke's due date.  April 25th.  I think that's him smiling down at me.  It blows my mind that I have a child in Heaven that I've never met.  One day I will.  But for now, I know he's my angel.  He's Aaron's angel, Adam's, and he's this unborn child's angel.  How blessed we are.

On a totally different note, are y'all watching Nashville?  I love this show.  Anyway, Connie Britton and Hayden Panettiere are the big stars and they always looks fab.  The shows website has videos on how to get Hayden's look on Nashville and I (of course) love it since I'm obsessed with makeup.  Plus, Hayden is gorge so who doesn't want to know what makeup she wears?!  Anyway, watching these videos makes me want to become a full-fledged Neutrogena girl.  I've never really worn the brand's makeup, but I think once I finish my Makeup Forever foundation/powder combo I'm hitting up Walgreens for some Neutrogena goodies.  This kind've stuff thoroughly excites me, y'all!  I'll keep you posted.....

Which brings me to the question, where's my Birchbox this month??

Before I leave you, here's a little eye candy in the form of ASkars:

I heart him. Via


Happy Thursday!!

~LL

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!