Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sweet Sundays

Sophie May and I are camped out in my room, watching New Years Eve on HBO, while my husband has taken over the living room to watch the Falcon's play.  We had to get away from him.  Apparently, today is the Falcon's playoff game and a serious nail-biter.  Or in Adam's case, you're biting your nails, you haven't taken a shower, and you're going back and forth between pacing the room and/or yelling at the TV.  This is the exact way I feel before Britney performs live these days. 

Today is a big day, y'all.  Golden Globes comes on tonight AND it's the Girls season premiere.  Wha??  I can't even handle it.  Will JHutch make an appearance at the Globes in a dapper suit??  Will Hannah tell Adam that she loves him too and will Marnie get back together with Charlie on Girls??  Eeekk!

Yesterday, Ashley and I met up for a Mexican lunch and we had a blast.  A 1:00 pm lunch turned into three skinny margs, a shopping trip, and an (almost) Michael Kors bag purchase.  *This is what happens when you drink tequila during the day.*  Luckily, our restaurant is planted in a shopping center so we were able to walk off the alcohol, and aside from the fact that I accidentally knocked over a boot display in Dillards, no one was harmed.  I even kept my spending to a minimum only buying a long-sleeved knit tee on clearance at Express, a fabulous new iPhone cover, and a couple of pairs of earrings from NY&Co.  Nothing like a full afternoon with a dear friend that you so rarely get to see!

Before I forget, Adam and I had date night Friday and we went to see Silver Linings Playbook and it was awesome.  Bradley Cooper is gorge and y'all know how much I adore some JLaw.  I won't go into tons of details, but it's basically about a guy (Bradley Cooper) who is released from a Mental Health Institute, moves back in with his parents, and meets JLaw's character.  It's hilarious, but in a dark way if that makes sense.  Adam and I loved it.  So, if you're in a movie-going mood I totally recommend it!

Au revoir!

~LL

2 comments:

  1. So the MK bag in ivory is on Belk's website, but I found a soft gold one on Ebay, and I will be inserting myself in on the final bidding tomorrow evening. It's on my calendar. I'll keep you posted. ;) I had SO MUCH FUN with you, as always. JG was pumped about the idea of having the whole fam up, so let's get this on the calendar for the next few weeks or so. I'll check with JG on his refereeing schedule and hopefully we can find a time that works for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Fingers crossed, my friend!

      Okay, let me know and we'll get something on the calendar. Be prepared: between me, Adam, Aaron, & Sophie May it's going to be like National Lampoon's vacay all over again!

      Delete

I love to hear from you!