Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I want to be just like Zooey...

Do y'all watch New Girl?  It's mine and Adam's favorite show.  If you aren't watching it- WATCH IT!  My mom was actually the one that told me about this show over a year ago, and we haven't missed an episode since.  Zooey Deschanel is adorable.  This is coming from someone who used to think Zooey Deschanel was annoying.  Seriously- you can ask my husband.  Have you seen her Cotton commercial?

My annoyance with Zooey soon disappeared once I started watching this show.  Now?  I can't get enough of her!  I really do think that her character, Jess, is based on herself.  She just doesn't really seem to be trying that hard, if you know what I mean?  I just adore her and feel that if she lived in Macon, G-A we'd be the best of friends.  For real. 

Anyway, one of the *many* reasons I adore her is her girlish sense of style.  Her look involves lots of feminine pieces.  (i.e. dresses, leggings, tights, flats, hairbands, etc).  Here's a sample picture of Jess' wardrobe on New Girl:

I would wear every single piece.  Including the glasses. (image via)

Now, I know her wardrobe is super prissy.  But God, I can't help it.  I love it!  I kinda want to dress like her.....every day.  Thoughts?  Too much?  Adorable?

Another reason I love her?  Her hair and makeup.  (Disclaimer: this post is making me seriously miss my long, dark hair.  Dammit.)  Hence, this photo:

(image via)
 I like that she's not afraid to pair a strong eye with a colored lip without going overboard.  You see, I'm one of those that loves my eyeliner and loves my lipstick.  I've always worn both and worried (at times) that it was too much.  However, girlfriend gives a sista hope!  As this photo suggests, sometimes the eyes and lips can work together.  Lerve.

(image via)
The hair's pretty fab, too.  I've googled to see exactly how she styles that gorge mane of hers, and it seems that she uses both rollers and/or a curling iron.  My hair up in rollers = hot Shirley Temple mess.  Therefore, I'll just stick with my curling iron.

So that's it.  I let the cat out of the bag.  Zooey Deschanel/Jess Day is my ultimate girl crush.  If you watch New Girl she might be yours, too!  Here's some clips of the hilarity:




WATCH IT!!! ;)

~LL


4 comments:

  1. I just caught up on last night's ep with the absinthe. HILARIOUS!

    First of all, I LOVE the doctor (hawt), but I feel like they are getting us all primed and ready for a Jess/Nick hookup. Do you agree?

    Her style is great. I love her huge eyes, and she can wear the blunt bangs better than anyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The doctor is totally hawt. LMAO when he puked in the fire. He was still totally hot while doing that. He's got to stay! I def think they are gearing up for a Jess/Nick hookup. While I love Nick, and I think he's a total cutie-pie, I wish they would make him less loser. You know what I mean? It's going to be really difficult for him to compete with the doc.

      I'm obsessed with her. She just can't go wrong in my eyes.

      Delete
  2. Here is a gem of a site that a friend just told me about...I viewed it because of the style on Pretty Little Liars - but they have New Girl too!!!!!
    http://wornontv.net/new-girl/
    I have wasted HOURS of my life looking at this site. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! You have made my life complete!! I might totally need to purchase the blue Pea Coat she wore on the Christmas epi!!

      Thank you for commenting! :)

      Delete

I love to hear from you!