Monday, January 14, 2013

Globes

Golden Globes.  Thoughts?  My sister and I were just texting about how good it was, and how it actually held our attention for the whole 3 hour-long broadcast.  Of course, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler were hilarious and that helped a lot.

My girl Ashley over at Kindredly has already given a great recap of the Globes so I'll *try* to keep it simple and short:
  • Zooey D: Love her (shocker) and loved her red dress.  Disappointed she didn't win Best Actress in Comedy/Musical series (Lena Dunham did).  I thought Zooey D totally deserved it. 
  • JLaw.  Absolutely gorge.  She had on red as well, and I have to say her girls looked pretty fab.  So glad she won.  I think she's hilarious.  And bless her heart, sister was battling the flu and a breakup.  She should totally hook it up with Bradley Cooper.
  • Claire Danes: Rough.  Sorry.  Normally I love her, but last night she looked way too pale and had way too much raccoon eye going on.  She's so naturally beautiful; flaunt it if you got it, honey!  One thing's for sure, new mama has a bangin' body after babe.  Go gurrrl.
  • Kristen Bell and Dax Shepherd:  One word: adorable. 
  • Adele: I think she's so classically beautiful.  I cannot believe she's 24; she looks 34.  And I say that as a compliment....really.  Love that her date was a new "mum" and they were out tying one on. 
  • Kate Hudson: She's such a hottie.  I loved her dress, and I love the fact that she always looks like she's having a great time.  Where was Matt Bellamy?
  • Jennifer Garner: I thought she was beautiful.  Loved the smokey eyes, nude lips, and sparkly, red dress.  I also loved that she was showing some skin.  I mean, she just had her third child!  I think Ben Affleck's the lucky one in this coupling for sure. 
  • JLo and Lea Michele: I'm grouping those two together because they are both the queens of duckface.  They're pretty and tan.  That's as far as it goes.
  • Anne Hathaway:  Ughhhh.  Sorry.  She just annoys me so bad.  Thank God she won.  Maybe she won't feel the need to show us her lady bits again.  As for her look: typical.  Kinda boring.  She needs to grow her hair back out. 
A few of my other favorites: Hayden Panettiere,  Connie Britton, Sofia Vergara, Marion Cotillard, Jessica Chastain, Jessica Alba.

A few that need to do better next year: Sienna Miller....and Sienna Miller.  (wth was she thinking??)

One last thought:  If Nene Leakes can go to the Golden Globes than I sure as hell can go.

That's all.

~LL