Monday, January 14, 2013

Globes

Golden Globes.  Thoughts?  My sister and I were just texting about how good it was, and how it actually held our attention for the whole 3 hour-long broadcast.  Of course, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler were hilarious and that helped a lot.

My girl Ashley over at Kindredly has already given a great recap of the Globes so I'll *try* to keep it simple and short:
  • Zooey D: Love her (shocker) and loved her red dress.  Disappointed she didn't win Best Actress in Comedy/Musical series (Lena Dunham did).  I thought Zooey D totally deserved it. 
  • JLaw.  Absolutely gorge.  She had on red as well, and I have to say her girls looked pretty fab.  So glad she won.  I think she's hilarious.  And bless her heart, sister was battling the flu and a breakup.  She should totally hook it up with Bradley Cooper.
  • Claire Danes: Rough.  Sorry.  Normally I love her, but last night she looked way too pale and had way too much raccoon eye going on.  She's so naturally beautiful; flaunt it if you got it, honey!  One thing's for sure, new mama has a bangin' body after babe.  Go gurrrl.
  • Kristen Bell and Dax Shepherd:  One word: adorable. 
  • Adele: I think she's so classically beautiful.  I cannot believe she's 24; she looks 34.  And I say that as a compliment....really.  Love that her date was a new "mum" and they were out tying one on. 
  • Kate Hudson: She's such a hottie.  I loved her dress, and I love the fact that she always looks like she's having a great time.  Where was Matt Bellamy?
  • Jennifer Garner: I thought she was beautiful.  Loved the smokey eyes, nude lips, and sparkly, red dress.  I also loved that she was showing some skin.  I mean, she just had her third child!  I think Ben Affleck's the lucky one in this coupling for sure. 
  • JLo and Lea Michele: I'm grouping those two together because they are both the queens of duckface.  They're pretty and tan.  That's as far as it goes.
  • Anne Hathaway:  Ughhhh.  Sorry.  She just annoys me so bad.  Thank God she won.  Maybe she won't feel the need to show us her lady bits again.  As for her look: typical.  Kinda boring.  She needs to grow her hair back out. 
A few of my other favorites: Hayden Panettiere,  Connie Britton, Sofia Vergara, Marion Cotillard, Jessica Chastain, Jessica Alba.

A few that need to do better next year: Sienna Miller....and Sienna Miller.  (wth was she thinking??)

One last thought:  If Nene Leakes can go to the Golden Globes than I sure as hell can go.

That's all.

~LL

2 comments:

  1. I almost didn't want to write a post because I didn't want to hit on any of your points, but I think so many strange things happened last night that ten blogs could find different points to discuss.

    Best line ever: "If Nene Leakes can go to the Golden Globes than I sure as hell can go." I agree.

    Claire Danes fell on my "you're too drunk to be on National TV" list. Her acceptance speech or whatever she said when she was on stage felt a little hollery and all over the place.

    Ugh...I feel like I want to make all the celebrities out there sit and watch me and my girlfriends get hammered for three hours to get back at them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is hilarious. We'd be way more entertaining than they could handle that I'm sure of.

      Delete

I love to hear from you!