Wednesday, September 26, 2012

New York, New York!

Apparently I was ranting so much about the Emmys yesterday I forgot to announce some big news........

Adam and I are going to NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We booked our trip yesterday.  Whoop whoop!  We will be celebrating five awesome, wonderful, hard, happy (some not so happy), crazy, years of marriage!  

Because Adam is constantly traveling with work, he has built up a massive amount of flight miles and hotel points.  If it weren't for those miles and points, we would not be able to take this trip so we are very fortunate.  Between the flights and the hotel the only portion we paid out of pocket was $25 in taxes.  Twenty-five bucks for a trip to NYC......yep, we'll take it!  Of course we'll be spending PLENTY when we get there, but we feel very lucky that we're not paying an arm and a leg for it.  Plus, we'll be there in December so we get to see NYC at Christmas- cannot put in words how excited I am!!


So with all of this being said, I need ideas of places to go, people to see, restaurants to try, shows to watch, etc.  The last time I was in New York was May 2003.  Before then, it was August 2001.  I was there almost one month before the towers were struck.  I actually have this amazing picture of the towers I took while taking the ferry to the Statue of Liberty.  I'll scan it and post it one day.  I remember walking by the entrance to those buildings so vividly.  I was making the trip with my then-boyfriend and his mom.  We had gone to the top of the Empire State Building the day before, and we were walking around Manhattan doing touristy stuff the next day.  My boyfriends mother, Ms. Carolyn, asked if I wanted to go inside the towers and go to the top.  I said no.  Actually my exact reply was, "Nah..I went to the top of the Empire State Building yesterday- I'm good."  I will always kick myself for that one.


So please, load me down with information!!  I've got around 2 1/2 months to plan.  Now, we're only going 2 days/2 nights.  Give me the best of the best, pretty please!!


And before I end this entry, if you are a praying person, please say a prayer for one of my besties, Natalie.  Her sweet Daddy is undergoing heart surgery this Friday.


Thanks, boos! 


XOXO!!!


~LL


1 comment:

  1. you should definitely check out the 9/11 memorial if you can!! i want so badly to see it one day! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!