Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Mid-week catch-up

Happy Hump day!  I can't believe it's already Wednesday, but I'm not complaining.  The past few days have been for the birds!

We had Aaron's birthday party at the house this past Saturday and it turned out to be the perfect day for a party.  The sun was shining and it was actually really warm outside.  We rented a bouncy house for the occasion, and it did not disappoint.  Aaron and all his little friends had a blast; moving from the bouncy house to the trampoline and back and forth.  These kids like to jump!  The theme was "Monster Truck" and a couple of friends of mine made the most amazing cake.  Check it out:

It was actually a "cupcake cake."  Isn't it adorable?


I forgot to take pictures of the party (mom of the year) so I have nothing to show for all the fun the kids had.  I got Adam to snap a picture of Aaron and I after the party.  Next year I've got to do better.

My big birthday boy!

After the birthday party fun Saturday, my little buddy woke up Sunday with that vicious stomach flu that's been going around.  He couldn't even enjoy playing with his new toys he felt so bad.  Broke my heart.  Luckily, it was just a twelve-hour bug, and he was good as new Monday.  I kept him home with me Monday just so he could chill out, and after half a day of that I realized that I'm real glad he goes to preschool.  Adam woke up with the bug early Tuesday morning, but like Aaron it was just a 12 hour thing.  So far, I've been out of the line of fire and I hope to stay that way.  I have lysol'd the s$*t out of everything in this house, washed my hands until they've almost bled, popped Airborne like it's my job, and have opened every window in this house to get some fresh air flowing through.  Virus be gone!

Monday afternoon my mom and I drove to McDonough for a little shopping therapy.  We went to Ulta, and of course, I had to buy something.  Gah, that store is like crack to me.  The endless aisles of makeup -way too much for me to handle.  I was super excited that after my purchase, the saleslady popped a free sample of the It's A 10 Miracle leave-in conditioner in my bag.  I can't wait to try this out.  My hair has been super dry lately, not silky at all, so I'm hoping this will be my hair miracle.  Afterwards we headed over to Babies R' Us where I picked up the Baby Brezza Baby Food Maker.  I made Aaron's food when he was a baby, and I really wanted to do the same thing for Harper.  This machine is a beast.  I love it!  It's basically a one-stop shop for easy baby-food making.  The machine steams and blends all in one.  Very convenient.  All you do is cut up your fruit and veggies, add some water, pop the top on, punch in the amount of time the food needs to steam, and voila!  You have sweet potatoes!

Not a great quality photo- stole from my IG
So fun!  It even came with a recipe book that tells you how long to steam the food and everything.  I didn't have one of these with Aaron and I wish I had.  Making his baby food was a process: I used a steaming basket, a food processor, a blender, etc.  This was so easy! 

Now for randoms:
  • Kimye on the cover of Vogue.  Love it or hate it?  I'm on the fence.  I'm not going to lie, I like Kim K, y'all.  Not in a J Simp way because I adore her, but more in a "I like her from watching KUWTK for years" way.  Did I think she looked beautiful?  Absolutely.  Do I think her and Kanye should have been on the cover of Vogue?  Not really.  
  • Gwynnie and Chris Martin have separated.  I'm not shocked.  Rumors have been flying for years that he and Kate Bosworth were hooking it up.  Why both of these women would be attracted to him, I'm at a loss: 
Gwyneth->Brad->Ben->Chris Martin?Kate->ASkars->Chris Martin?
Um, no.  I'm confused.  Maybe he's a really good dancer (wink). ;)
  • I think Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher make a really cute couple and I'm really excited they're going to get married and have a really cute baby.  My hubby, who has a massive crush on Mila, thinks it's disgusting and that she's way too good for him.  (Poor guy- I made him watch E! News while rubbing my feet the other night.  I've got a winner.) A house divided!
Enjoy your day!

~LL









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!