Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The J Simp/Daisy Dukes curse

I need advice.  I am in a major rut weight-wise.  These pounds are not falling off fast enough.  I won't even go into the numbers on the scale because that is just too depressing.  I've been doing Weight Watchers steadily for the past three weeks and I've lost 3 pounds.  That's basically a pound a week.  Not bad, but in the past I could have lost 5-6 pounds by this point.  It's so depressing.  I know the second kid is "harder" to lose, but technically Harper was my third pregnancy.  Given, I haven't been eating egg whites, spinach, and salad for every meal, but I've stuck within my given WW point range.  Why is it so hard??  It doesn't help that there are all of these unrealistic expectations that women should be a size 6 within 3 months of spitting out their kid.  I'm over it.  Today, I was so over it that I went back to Chick-fil-A and ordered the number one combo.  Good news?  I ate two fries and threw them away- not worth the extra calories.  Bad news?  I inhaled the chicken sandwich. 

A friend is letting me borrow her copy of  Tracy Anderson's Post-Pregnancy workout DVD which I've done twice in the past 2 days.  That in itself is a great workout, and I love that it really focuses on the abs since that's really my only problem area.  I'm needing cardio in my life; need to get that heart rate up and start burning some major cals.  With the weather finally starting to cooperate, it's now a great time to throw Harper in her stroller and walk.  I'm considering getting another treadmill; in the past we didn't have the room, and I didn't use it enough.  Now, we have the room and I plan to use it a lot.  I would join a gym, but don't really have the extra income for that right now.  Thoughts?  Advice?  What did you do to kick this baby weight to the curb?

Xo,
LL






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!