Friday, March 21, 2014

A follow-up

Happy Friday, guys!

I want to say thank you for all of the encouraging comments and feedback from my last blog post.  I took everything each of you said to heart and I appreciate all of the support.  All of you are amazing, strong women!

I would like to clarify something from my last post that I'm thinking might have come across the wrong way.  I was in no way complaining of my job or my "season" as a stay-at-home-mama.  There is nothing that I love more than being able to stay home with my children in this moment and time.  Of course, there are some days that are tougher than others. Working moms, single moms, stay-at-home-moms can all agree that parenting is hard work.  As one of my lovely commenters stated, there is "a sisterhood in motherhood" and we're all just doing the best that we can.  We all have our different challenges; I'm not saying my cross to bear is greater than anyone else. My point of the last blog entry was frustration with the fact that my husband is not home every day to help me out.  In fact, he's not home a lot of the time.  I am basically a single mother most of the time.  That's why the blog was titled "Burnt Out."  I was having a moment, and expressed my frustration with our current situation; this is what my blog is for: to express frustration every now and again. I'm just going to lay it out: it's easy for people to say "this is only momentary," "enjoy it because they'll grow up fast," "this is your season."  Most of the people that say these things and write these articles have significant others that come home every night.  I, in fact, do not.  And I know there are a number of women, like myself, that are in very similar situations.  There is no break at 5:00.  There is no light at the end of the tunnel some days.  But, that's okay.  I was raised by an independent, army wife. I am a strong woman and I am proud of the fact that I can be both mom and dad all.day.every.day.  Yes, this is a season of my life.  No, my husband won't be in a job that requires days and days away from us forever.  Yes, I will survive.  And yes, I am very thankful for all of my blessings; especially the two beautiful ones asleep in their beds at this moment.

Amen.

Have a wonderful Friday & enjoy your weekend!

~LL










No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!