Saturday, April 23, 2011

She wants to lead the glamourous life....

Hey peeps!

It's been a week since I last blogged, but hey, that's better than 4 months!  I'm still trying to get back into my routine so bear with me, please......

So, it's been a pre-tty busy week in the Mosely household the past 7 days!  In the last week I have managed to find 2 new things that I love (and that I of course will share), I've registered for classes in hopes of earning that Nursing Degree, and I've lost an extra 3 pounds on my quest for a two-piece summer!  All in all, not huge accomplishments, but a girl's gotta start somewhere, right?

Okay, now for the 2 things that I'm "in love" with.

Last Friday, my beautiful and super-trendy sister stopped by my humble abode for some chattin' and some lovin' up on my Aaron Mo.  Of course, as soon as we put Aaron down for a nap we got down to business: snackin' and gossipin'.  Really feelin' this in'.  Must stop now.  Anyhow, we got to talking about hair and how on this particular day both of our heads were indeed hot messes.  That's when Meg gave me the Golden Ticket: The Michelle Money Curl.  Y'all remember Michelle Money?  Y' know, the beautiful but psychotic brunette on the latest Bachelor?  If you're not remembering the name here's a hint:

Yes, the crying happened A LOT.
Anyway, MM was super crazy on the show, but girlfriend had a head full of gorgeous waves (probably helps that she's a hairdresser).  Well, Meg happened to have the low-down on how MM achieves those luscious locks via YouTube.  Here it is:



Last week our lovely friend, Brooke, got married and her ceremony and reception happened to take place outside.  Since I know my hair would end up looking rough after being outside in the wind and damp hair, I attempted the above hair tutorial.  Here's what I came up with; I don't think it's too shabby:

My other lovely friend, Brooke and I.
I'm still trying to perfect my MM Curl, and it's great on my "next-day" hair when I don't wash it, and flat and lifeless strands rule the day.  The best thing is that I'm actually using a curling iron; not trying to achieve this look with a flat iron.  Been there, done that- NO fun!

In other fun beauty thangs, I have officially found a product that's life face changing.  Let me introduce to you, Brow Zings by Benefit!  I met a good friend down in Macon for dinner at Bonefish last week, and while waiting I decided to pop into just my favorite store on the planet: Ulta.  While there, I ran into a friend that I honestly hadn't seen in years, who is now working at the Benefit Brow Bar.  We started chatting, and I explained that the reason why my brows looked heinous was due to a nail salon trip gone wrong.  Will never again get my brows waxed at a nail salon.  Have been growing these caterpillars out since November!!!!  At that point, she pointed to her chair and said the words that changed my life: "Let me fill in your brows for you."  Y'all, I was hesitant at first, but pushed through and I am so glad I did.  After waxing and plucking, slicking and drawing, she held a mirror up and I had it: The Kim Kardashian brow.....well, almost.  Granted, my eyebrows natural arch is still not where it's not supposed to be thanks to the local nail salon, but I am now officially in brow therapy.  Brow Zings will literally change your face, and it's so easy.  After running a small bit of the waxy stuff through your brows to hold on to the powder that you apply after wards, you have gorge peepers.  The trick is getting the brows the same color as your natural hair color (the color right at your hair line).  If you don't have this product, GO GET IT!  Absolutely amazing!!

Well, I believe that's it for today.  My mom, sister, a friend, and I are headed to the theater to see Water for Elephants.  I could not be more pumped.  Not just because boyfriend happens to be starring in it, but also because I just loved the book.  Whoop Whoop!

Remember:
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead ... 1 Peter 1:3

Aaron's wearing seersucker pants tomorrow......eeeekkkk!!!  My punkin is going to be one of the cutest bunnies out there!

 Happy Easter, friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!