Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Moment

Have y'all had a moment in your life when you see a picture of yourself and think enough is enough?  Well, I had mine Sunday night.  As I was tagged in yet another unflattering photo of myself on effin' Facebook, I decided from this point on it's officially diet time.  So, I started my low-carb diet Monday, and I'm doing pretty well so far.  Basically, I'm trying to stick to carbs (good carbs) in the AM, and nothing but protein and veggies for lunch and dinner.  It's hard.  We celebrated my lovely cousin's 33rd birthday yesterday over lunch, and my aunt (who happens to be a fabulous cook) made Hot Chicken Salad topped with crumbled potato chips (YUM!), Yeast Rolls (Hello? I'm dying here), and a bowl of strawberries, melons, and pineapple.  It took all of my willpower not to devour two helpings of chicken salad, eat two yeast rolls, and load up on the fruit.  I held myself together though, and had one helping of chicken, half of a yeast roll (shared the other half with Aaron Mo), and all strawberries (figured those were better than the melons and pineapples?).  I'm praying to God this works.  I want to be in this by June:

I might not be Adriana Lima, but I'll take her flat tummy!

~LL

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!