Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Pinterest Hair Tutorial

I've been pinning like crazy.  It's funny how I can go months without even pulling up my Pinterest app, and then I'll pin like crazy for 7 days straight.  Let's get real here, I've been doing a lot of laying around over the past couple of weeks, and plan to do a lot more until baby girl gets here- I'm going to be a pinning maniac.  For reals.

I wish I could say I was one of those cool Pinterest chicks that logs in and gets inspired by home projects and decor.  However, that's not me.  I'm the girl that searches for yummy, super-fattening dinners, and anything hair and beauty.  As any of you that read my blog know, I have a love/hate relationship with my hair.  It's wavy, takes forever to grow, and I'm constantly on a mission for something new and exciting.  In an effort to get the new and exciting faster, I'll do something drastic like cut bangs, dye it (remember Marilyn in the front/Norma Jean in the back, or just cut it off).  Hot mess.  You live and your learn, people.  Anyway, in my search for the "perfect" hairstyle (whatevs), I have made a few hair discoveries of my own:
  1. My hair does best on the second day.  If I wash, dry, flat iron/curl all in one sitting it's like my hair goes into shock therapy. #notpretty
  2. I've also learned that I can go at least 2 (sometimes 3) days without washing, and I swear it looks good- not greasy.  This is all because......
  3. Dry Shampoo.  It's your best friend, y'all.  If you're not on board get on.  It will save your life.
In my Pinterest craze over the past few days, I was delighted to discover this pin:

How to Curl Your Hair: Wavy Curls

I linked the web address under the pic, but here's another link: http://www.littlemissmomma.com/2011/04/how-to-curl-your-hair-wavy-curls.html

Basically, she washes her hair at night (love that), combs, towel-dries, works in some scrunching gel, lets it air-dry, and then loosely braids for the night.  Wakes up, sections hair off, curls, and then sprays it down.

Last night was my first attempt at this *possible* new hair venture.  Here is the results after following her instructions step-by-step:

Forgive me for the lack of picture quality.  I promise I'm not that pale and that I am wearing bronzer and blush.

Side shot

 What do y'all think?  Not too shabby, right?  CVS did not have the Garnier Fructis Wonder Waves in stock, so I ended up buying the Sally Hershberger Glam Waves and it worked great.  I'm not used to using hair spray, and truthfully I was a little worried it would make my hair too stiff, but the BigSexyHair spray is ah-mazing.  Of course, I still have some kinks to work out and etc., but I'm kinda digging it.  It was easy as far as washing at night; however, it did take me a good 15-20 minutes to section all of this hair off and curl.  All in all, I will be doing this again.....and again....

This works for me because with our second baby on the way very soon, I'm not going to have the time to devote to my hair and makeup like I usually have.  Washing, drying, styling all in one day can sometimes be a bit much, especially when I want to be using that time bonding with Harper, doing laundry, cleaning the house, meal planning, etc.  Plus, I'm not planning on washing my hair again until tomorrow night- possibly Friday night if it lasts (total ponytail day, btw). 

Hope this hair tutorial helps you, too!  Ladies, we all know that if we're having a bad "hurr" day it's not a good day.  Hair lovers unite!!

~LL








 















No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!