Sunday, July 31, 2011

"I whip my hair back & forth!"

Happy Sunday, y'all!  Has everyone had a good weekend?  Our weekend has been fairly low-key and I have thoroughly enjoyed it.  My sweet hubby got home from work Thursday night, and we have literally been home-bodies ever since he walked in the door.  It seems that every weekend he's home, there's something going on every night: parties, get-together's, showers, etc.  I took my own advice, and said "No" to any invites that were extended our way, and with the exception of grilling out with his family last night, I have stayed true to my word.  Here's to hoping this new mantra will stick!

So, I have a question for the ladies (and you guys, too if you're interested); do you wash your hair in the morning, during the day, or at night?  The reason why I'm asking is because I am currently trying to switch up my hair-washing, drying, styling routine.  The reason(s) why I've decided to rock the hair boat so late in the game is because (1) Aaron has officially dropped his morning nap.  This has been an adjustment, I will not lie.  You see, I don't like change, and while we are now getting used to the fact that he's up from 7:30a to 12:30p, it has not been easy; and (2) Since I am officially going back to school, I don't know if the morning hair process can go on much further..considering the fact that I can barely drag my ass out of bed at 7a (I know, lazy, lazy girl) without having a cup of coffee as big as my head in my hands ASAP.  If y'all know me, you know I have a head full of hair.  I'm not bragging I promise; this hair will literally be the death of me one day.  Ohhh, the things I've done to this head....well, it's a shame.  For example:

Me & Adam @ my cousin's rehearsal dinner- July 2007.  Can you say hein??  This is what I called "Marilyn on top/Norma Jean on bottom."  As you can see, my hairstylist hated me.  Guess the 20% tip wasn't enough?  Needless to say, she was fired soon after.  Why do I look so happy, you ask?  Probably because I had drowned my sorrows in multiple glasses of Pinot Grigio. 

SSI/Laura's Bachelorette party 2006.  This is what I like to call "Bangs: Part 1."  You see, "the bangs" and I have had a very tumultuous relationship.  Sometimes my "cow-lick" would do right in order for my bangs to look decent, most of the time it wouldn't, as you can see in Exhibit B:

Last summer at my sister-in-law's wedding.  Uhhh, I can't even comment on this awfulness.  Obviously, "the bangs" really hated me then. 

OMG- this one's the worst: a short bob/bang combo- ahhhhhhh!!  The horror!!  Can you see, I look just like my puppy girl, Sophie May??  That should've been the first sign..... This photo was taken in May 2010 the day I had it done.  That was the last day it ever looked like good, I assure you.  I'm chalking this mistake up to postpartum hormones gone bad.  NEVER again!!

Okay so I have to admit something, y'all.  I got bangs....again.  Rut-roh!  I know, I know, it's horrible.  They sucker me in only to throw me out to the wolves!  I got bangs in June; yes, I'm in the process of growing them back out, but I've managed to not let them control me...for the most part anyway.  Hence:

Destin, July 2011.  "I am in control of the bangs." Repeat, "I am in control of the bangs."

So to get back to my original question, do you style your hair in the morning, during the day, or at night?  I decided that in order to better accommodate my new schedule, I would wash/dry my hair every other night and style in the morning.  So far, it's been working okay...I guess.  Do y'all know any tricks on having that fresh-washed look everyday without the inconvenience of washing your hair every day?  What about styling tips?  I need help, folks!  This mane is finally growing out, and it hasn't been easy.  I need some tips in order for it to keep growing, so it doesn't end up looking like this again:

Look, even my precious baby is horrified.  This was taken last Fall, FYI. Terrible.

That's all.  Have a good day of rest!  Loves!!

3 comments:

  1. dry shampoo has saved my life!!! it comes in a can like hairspray, you shake it up and spray it in whichever areas you need, then i use a wide tooth comb to lightly brush it through.. i use one i got from rite aid in a white bottle with red and blue lettering, it's the "pssssst!" brand, lol... but i like the bedhead and tresemme brands, too! it keeps my hair from looking greasy, smells nice and adds volume! love it! it allows me to skip at least 2-3 days of washing which dries my hair out more than it already is! ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, thank you so much for the Dry Shampoo advice- I got myself a bottle today. Here's to better hair days.....hopefully?!

    And as a side note, your hair always looks fab. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I typed this out yesterday love but when I went to press send it disappeared -I was on my phone so needless to say I was super agro!

    I have been using baking soda and apple cider vinegar on my hair on and off for about 14 months instead of shampoo. I know, it sounds crazy but it is wonderful. Shampoo strips hair and conditioner builds up. After I got over morning sickness and such I started back to using this method and every time I do my hair looks it's best.

    I don't really have a measurement for it, I fill up two bottles- one with the baking soda and the other with the apple cider vinegar probably just about 1/4 of the way on the baking soda and about 1/2 the way on the vinegar and then add water to both. I shake the bottles before I use them, soda first and rinse each.

    This method is supposed to work wonders for those with thick, curly hair neither of which I was blessed with.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!