Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The art of saying N-O

I am a people pleaser.  Always have been.  I have tried to rectify this many times.  I've tried to be "the bitch" (that was laughable).  I've tried to be the girl that was carefree and couldn't be pinned down (that was a crock, too).  I am officially facing the fact that I like to make other people happy, and (horribly) I am also one of those girls that cares what people think.  I know I could be a lot worse, but seriously?  When did I start letting other people determine my happiness??  I am a smart, educated woman.  Why do I constantly feel the need to prove my worth, my friendship, my sanity just to make someone else happy?  Why am I always the "yes" girl?

What is the "yes" girl you ask?  It's the girl that says yes to everything.  "Will you buy this?  Yes, of course."  "Will you pay money (that you don't have) for this?  Yes, most definitely."  "Will you make yourself uncomfortable just to make me happy?  Oh my goodness, YES!!"  I'm so tired of being that girl.  From this moment on, that girl is gone.  Buh-bye.  I will no longer: spend money that I don't have on things that will make others happy and leave me (plainly put) broke; bend over backwards to please you if you won't do the same for me; commit myself to numerous obligations only to make myself exhausted and wondering where "my time" went; try like hell to keep friendships alive and well- doing all of the grunt work (i.e. driving, inviting, planning) only to get no reciprocation from these so-called friendships.  I am officially DONE.

And it's already starting to feel good...

1 comment:

  1. Ooooweee.....I know exactly how you feel. Thank you for putting it into words! I think I'll join you on being done with that as well!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!