Sunday, July 24, 2011

30 years is a long time!

Last night, my parents celebrated their 30 year Wedding Anniversary.  Isn't that awesome?  30 years.  Sometimes I wonder if Adam and I will ever make it to 4 (kidding, kidding).  But seriously, 30 years is an amazing accomplishment.  When they got married in 1981 my mom was 20; my dad, 23.  Can you imagine getting married so young and actually staying married?  I know, I know, marriage shouldn't be looked upon as something that you can get in and out of so easily.  But let's face it, many people do get married and get divorced two years into their marriage.  Now, I'm not saying there aren't good reasons for divorce and that people who get married should stay married forever; however, I am saying being married for three decades is a long time and something that one should be proud of.

My sister, Megan, and I managed to surprise them last night with a dinner party of friends and family.  We contacted everyone about two weeks ago (such late notice), and luckily, with the exception of a few couples, everyone that we invited were able to attend.  It was truly a wonderful night!  Surprisingly, Meg and I were able to pull of the surprise (We just knew my Mom would find out- she can be a little nosy sometimes.  Love you, Mom!) and it was a hit!  Here are a few pics to document the night:

Baby love

My cute parents and of course, Aaron

The Mamakat & me

Just some of our lovely guests.  As a side note, I suck at taking pictures.  This coming from the girl that told my husband I would like a Canon Rebel for my birthday.  Wth??

Ahh, he's gorge!


All in all, perfect evening! Of course, the hubs was missing but he was definitely there in spirit.

I hope all of your weekend's have been just as sweet!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to you & Meg for a great evening. We are lucky, indeed, & incredibly blessed.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!